NEW LG 22X Drive @ Newegg 29.99USD

vbimport

Its here.

29.99 and if you wait for the weekend you can probably get free shipping LOL.

yeah it’s posted in the LG forum > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/22x-lg22n-now-newegg-244875/

[quote=Bob;2056757]yeah it’s posted in the LG forum > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/22x-lg22n-now-newegg-244875/[/quote] I wont be buying a 22X drive until someone makes 22X media. It only works with 3 or 4 media codes at that speed. Even @ 29.99 it is just a novelty.

[QUOTE=Bob;2056757]yeah it’s posted in the LG forum > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f91/22x-lg22n-now-newegg-244875/[/QUOTE]

It’s all yours alan:bigsmile:

Not me this time, they got me with the Samsung SH203B that only burns at 20X with 3 media or 4 media codes, I dont need this, I will stick my my BenQs and burn @12X quite nicely, thankyou.:iagree:

I can’t wait to get one myself! I keep visiting the sales page and wanting to buy one, but the price is a little high with shipping.:o I am trying to hold back the urge to splurge.

Thanks for the info alan1476 :slight_smile:
How can I wait :eek: I just order one :smiley:

[QUOTE=Burnsama;2056772]Thanks for the info alan1476 :slight_smile:
How can I wait :eek: I just order one :D[/QUOTE]Well we knew money bags Burnsama would order one up :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2056767]Not me this time, they got me with the Samsung SH203B that only burns at 20X with 3 media or 4 media codes, I dont need this, I will stick my my BenQs and burn @12X quite nicely, thankyou.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

:iagree:

And you know, I don’t think it will ever change. The only two companies capable of even producing 18x, 20x, or 22x certified media are Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden, so they don’t have any competition, so they don’t have to rush to create any new media. In other words, I don’t think we’ll ever see media specifically labeled at higher than 16x speeds.

The one good thing about this announcment is that it will cause more n00bs to sell their “old and out of date” Nexperia BenQs and rebadges, so they can “upgrade” to a “better” burner. :bigsmile:

I might be interested in it if it were an SATA drive instead of a IDE drive
which I consider to be a kind of outdated hardware now days. :iagree: It will
probably be a good drive for anyone that doesn’t have SATA ports to use.

[quote=getit29;2056940]I might be interested in it if it were an SATA drive instead of a IDE drive
which I consider to be a kind of outdated hardware now days. :iagree: It will
probably be a good drive for anyone that doesn’t have SATA ports to use.[/quote]
My BenQs ( Nexperia Based) will never be outdated.:disagree:

Drive speed seems to be increasing rapidly - 18x started in Feb 2006, now in May 2008 we are already at 22x. I’m guessing 24x by 2009. When drive speed levels again like it did with 16x, we will see some new media. Nobody wants to release 18x or 20x media when 22x burners are on the market!

Need two more BD players/burners. Full up on this stuff. LOL

:eek: It is not SATA drive :doh:

YEAH baby, they have free shipping on… so glad I waited! hehe
Just picked one up.

Sigh :frowning: it is not SATA and free shipping on Today
What is next ? Price Drop tomorrow
( Still No Tracking # :a )

[quote=Burnsama;2057400]Sigh :frowning: it is not SATA and free shipping on Today
What is next ? Price Drop tomorrow
( Still No Tracking # :a )[/quote] Hi Burnsama, I guess you didn’t read my first post to closely, I knew they would offer free shipping, but they usually do it on the weekends.:doh:

Well it will probably be $26.95 with free shipping tomorrow… seems like the best deals at Newegg are on Thursdays historically. Not sure I approve of the price games that they play, but you must admit it does keep you checking the site to get the best deal.

If you need SATA, get this nifty converter:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812107112

BTW, you can always refuse the package when it arrives and order again from Newegg with free shipping… it’s a hassle to catch UPS at the door, but Newegg will credit you the full amount.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2057407]Hi Burnsama, I guess you didn’t read my first post to closely, I knew they would offer free shipping, but they usually do it on the weekends.:doh:[/QUOTE]

My mistake because I was rush :doh:
Also I pay $2.99 for Rush Processing
Hope I got this drive before sunday :slight_smile:
If don’t have Tracking # this evening ( 11:59 PM ) I will call them

NEVER, EVER, EVER pay extra for Rush Processing… NEVER… it only slows down your order. That’s why you have no tracking.