New Layout improvements Forum

vbimport

OK - we did some more tweaking based on all your comments :slight_smile: :iagree:

[ul]
[li]Background color of the total site is now again a bit darker. This should definately help with larger screens!
[/li][li]Link color is now much darker, so texts are better readable
[/li][li]Links are now underlined in posts
[/li][li]Added background colors to different columns (e.g. last post column and number of posts column)
[/li][li]Added loads of borders. Not to drastic, but we tried to be subtile. Adding more thicker borders everywhere will make the site look very busy, so we have to be carefull with this.
[/li][li]Added darker lines between threads
[/li][li]Changed the layout of the posts. We added a thick upper bar with post information.
[/li][li]Added icons in posts for “find more posts” and “send PM”
[/li][li]Changed icon for ‘user is online’ to a MyCE logo :)[/ul]
[/li]
We think these are huge improvements for everyone, so I’m looking forward to hear what you think. Be sure to use it for a few hours because switching from one template to another always takes some time to get used to :flower:

On a side note; we were so busy with the performance of the frontpage this week, that we were unable to check layout improvements for the homepage. So, we still need to work on that, more to come :slight_smile:

Better

On a standard 19" Monitor there is still a lot of white on the right side of the screen unless I use the Wide format.
When using the Wide format it throws all the info boxes to the bottom of the screen and leaves a lot of white on the left side of the screen.

As you add more boxes on the right it will fill in the white but till then it’s still a lot of white to look at, very hard on these old eyes of mine.

All in All I will say you are getting there.

I like the darker shade of the lines the separation is lot’s better.

:bigsmile:

Also when in the New Post section there is no info boxes at all on the right side. Which leaves a lot of White space

I would think you would want them on all pages/ all sections for quick reference / action…

the darker lines are a +

[QUOTE=bean55;2464576]On a standard 19" Monitor there is still a lot of white on the right side of the screen unless I use the Wide format.
When using the Wide format it throws all the info boxes to the bottom of the screen and leaves a lot of white on the left side of the screen:[/QUOTE]

As far as I’m aware of, the MyCE Wide layout only shows properly with a horizontal screen resolution of 1280 or higher.

The MyCE regular layout is for lower screen resolutions, such as 1024x768.

The 1024 x 768 is what I am using here at work.

On a 19" screen ( 14’ wide x 12" high viewable ) I have 5" of empty white space running down the right side.That’s a lot of empty white space. So I try wide and that throws in out of whack. :iagree:

So I go back to v1 style since I am trying to get away from the v2 style.

A work in progress it is and it is getting better. :clap: :iagree: :smiley:

I just may be one of those that will not be satisfied because I may not fit into the majority stats for pleasing, just putting in my observations in all.

:bigsmile:

A vast improvement. I agree with Bean55 that the wasted white area on the right is annoying.

No chatbox at the top, which pretty much keeps me from using the MyCE styles, but that isn’t a priority I would think.

[QUOTE=Seán;2464714]As far as I’m aware of, the MyCE Wide layout only shows properly with a horizontal screen resolution of 1280 or higher.

The MyCE regular layout is for lower screen resolutions, such as 1024x768.[/QUOTE]

Hi :slight_smile:
It is interesting as if this was a “fluid” page.
Then the screen size shouldn’t be a problem.
CDF V1 has no problems for me regardless of monitor size type resolution etc.
So why is this so much less forgiving I wonder.

Hate the new look … luckily I found where the option is to use CD Freaks V2 layout

I’ll stick with the google style.

No smilies available in the chatbox when using MyCE Beta Wide. Didn’t look in the other MyCE style.