New in Town

Has anyone had problems backing up the movie “New in Town”. I keep getting errors with DVD FAB 5 and with DVD FAB 6. Also tried DVD Decripter.

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2281927]Has anyone had problems backing up the movie “New in Town”. I keep getting errors with DVD FAB 5 and with DVD FAB 6. Also tried DVD Decripter.[/QUOTE]

What errors?

If you don’t provide any info, the best we can do is play a guessing game, and one we’re not likely to win.

OC

:slight_smile:

The error messages I get with DVD FAB and error while reading messages.
I can respond with retry, abort, ignore, ignore all.

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2281934]The error messages I get with DVD FAB and error while reading messages.
I can respond with retry, abort, ignore, ignore all.[/QUOTE]

OK…can you catalogue the DVD in question using Windows Explorer?

Just try it to see if it’ll give you a listing of the disk’s contents.

At what point in the read process are these error messages appearing?

Can DVDFab even open the disk?

Please advise.

OC

Yes, I can look at the contents of the disk. I went to “MY COMPUTER” and listed all the video ts files. No problem. DVD FAB is able to open the disk but gets the read errors soon after listing the files when you choose the movie only option. If you choose the full disk option, it analyze’s the disk and soon fails with read errors when it starts the disk copy.

This problem acts like the disk is scratched or bad, but the disk is brand new and looks perfect.

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2281960]This problem acts like the disk is scratched or bad, but the disk is brand new and looks perfect.[/QUOTE]
It may look new, but there are many bad pressings recently, I would try another disc, or try really cleaning that one, sometimes it helps.:wink:

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2281960]This problem acts like the disk is scratched or bad, but the disk is brand new and looks perfect.[/QUOTE]

Yea…but it’s impossible to tell just by looking at the disk whether it’s good or not.

If you have a utility called Nero Disc Speed 5 (or a slightly earlier version) you might learn something about the disk by running it through a scan with that program.

Some of the bad reads may be copy protection schemes, but more than 2 or 3 probably indicates a bad disk.

If you don’t have that program, it’s fairly easily found by google-ing it.

Please advise.

OC

I ran Nero speed 4.53 and it showed during a read test that the disk was bad starting at about 5% into the disk.

I am having the same problem with Mall Cop. When running DVDFAB the same thing happens that happened with New in Town.

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2282006]I am having the same problem with Mall Cop. When running DVDFAB the same thing happens that happened with New in Town.[/QUOTE]

How far into the disk did you read, and was it that way all the way through?
(If, in fact, you allowed the scan to finish…).

Did you put the other disk to the same test?

OC

Both disks fail at approx. the same spot in DVD FAB. I ran both disks with DVD Decrypter and both disks failed in the first movie file ( VTS_01_1.VOB) at almost the same place. 16360 kb for one and 16370 kb for the other. I ran them thru DVD Decrypter to get the exact location of the failure.

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2282035]Both disks fail at approx. the same spot in DVD FAB. I ran both disks with DVD Decrypter and both disks failed in the first movie file ( VTS_01_1.VOB) at almost the same place. 16360 kb for one and 16370 kb for the other. I ran them thru DVD Decrypter to get the exact location of the failure.[/QUOTE]

When I asked how far into the disks you read, I meant with Nero Disc Speed, not Fab.

Same question?

OC

Both disks started to get bad spots on the disk at approx 5% in. The read speed went down to about .02

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2282047]Both disks started to get bad spots on the disk at approx 5% in. The read speed went down to about .02[/QUOTE]

Still the same question…How far into the disc did you allow the scan to proceed with Nero 4.53?

All the way?

Did you stop it on the first bed section?

How many bad sections were there?

OC

I allowed the test to continue for about 5 minutes but with a read speed that slow it did not get much past the first bad section. It continued to get bad sectors (possible protection).

[QUOTE=gjsassy4104;2282063]I allowed the test to continue for about 5 minutes but with a read speed that slow it did not get much past the first bad section. It continued to get bad sectors (possible protection).[/QUOTE]

Yup…possible protection there…also possible bad disk there, too.

That’s why I asked how far along you’d allowed the scan to go…usually more than 2 or 3 bad segments indicates more than copy protection. Not definitive, but a pretty good indicator.

Either way, I’d go back to the store where you bought them, and (little white lie) tell them they won’t play properly, and you want replacements.

The only problem with that approach is that the replacements may be no better. But you’re working the Law of Averages here…the replacements may also be OK, and copy fine.

But, if you don’t try, you’ll at least know that what you have can’t be copied.

OC

I Would like to send a shout out to everyone that

there is a NEW COPY protection that is out there on new release dvd’s as

of MAY 19 and 26 RELEASES. This does affect “MALL COP” and

“NEW IN TOWN”

DVDFAB decrypter will NOT be able to crack through the protection.

However according to other forums ANY DVD can get through it just fine,

but I say screw paying for burning software :stuck_out_tongue:

[QUOTE=flyund83;2282222]I Would like to send a shout out to everyone that

“NEW IN TOWN”

but I say screw paying for burning software :P[/QUOTE]

And on that happy note, we’ll continue trying to help gjsassy4104.

OC

[QUOTE=flyund83;2282222]I Would like to send a shout out to everyone that

“NEW IN TOWN”

but I say screw paying for burning software :P[/QUOTE]

Deleted