New illegal Windows 8 activation server(s) popping up

vbimport

New illegal Windows 8 activation server(s) popping up.

[newsimage]http://static.rankone.nl/images_posts/2012/08/c3LAQu.png[/newsimage]Illegal activation servers for Windows 8 are popping up on the internet. Learn more about the pirates. Please click 'Like' to spread the word on Facebook!

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/new-illegal-windows-8-activation-servers-popping-up-63160/](http://www.myce.com/news/new-illegal-windows-8-activation-servers-popping-up-63160/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

WTF. have to validate every 30 days? So those guys that have lost the internet connection (supposing that they had some kind of problem with their isp) on the moment they had to activate, they loose their access to the SO? Or imagine that the computer that I install it don’t have a net connection, and I bought Windows 8 does Microsoft give my money Back?
Go to hell Microsoft with Windows 8, I stick with my Ubuntu and Windows 7, I didn’t care for W8 anyway (Metro UI sucks).

I think re-validate every 30 days is only required for the Enterprise edition of Windows 8. As far as I know also Windows 7 Enterprise needed a regular contact to an activation server.

Beside that, Windows 8 is (according to Microsoft) supposed to be always online.

Beside that, Windows 8 is (according to Microsoft) supposed to be always online.

So what Microsoft says is from now on if you have a computer you have to be online?

I know many people that have at least one computer for work (video and foto editing, office etc) and one netbook with 3g connected to web, because they only need the net for mail and watching news. You would be surprise to know the amount of people that dont connect their pcs to the net.

So for me its one more Wrong direction that Microsoft is taking off
Sweet Linux.

Oh and I have instaled several Windows 7 Enterprise Edition on offline PCs, and they are still working, just connected them once to update and activate, not more.

[QUOTE=darkalien74;2649116]WTF. have to validate every 30 days? So those guys that have lost the internet connection (supposing that they had some kind of problem with their isp) on the moment they had to activate, they loose their access to the SO? Or imagine that the computer that I install it don’t have a net connection, and I bought Windows 8 does Microsoft give my money Back?
Go to hell Microsoft with Windows 8, I stick with my Ubuntu and Windows 7, I didn’t care for W8 anyway (Metro UI sucks).[/QUOTE]

If you activated earlier you will remain activated for 180 days. The 30 day number you are hearing is a re-activation attempt that your machine will perform every 30 days, if your machine can not talk to the KMS server it will still remain activated for 180 days.

Even so, I don’t think that I test it, even if it got hacked soon, I hope it will die same way as vista.

ah microsoft, just give it away for free!

[QUOTE=darkalien74;2649520]Even so, I don’t think that I test it, even if it got hacked soon, I hope it will die same way as vista.[/QUOTE]

the thing with vista was that the performance was abysmal, while at least for me w8 performs a lot better than w7

So this latest one is gone. Didn’t take long.
There is an activator out there for windows 8 that runs a local KMS, but it specifically tests for Build 7850, but throws you out if you try a later build.

wish I could activate already

When Win7 cause so many problems w/ activation, hackers finally just cracked it to prevent checking for activation, however from time to time, various windows updates broke the activation… even for LEGIT customers! Oh, the horror…

Maybe considering this is a $15 upgrade, consumers are expeted to put up with much more grief from windows activation… is it worth the hassle?

I dunno, it seems to have more bad things going for it than good…
I also remember Windows 7 did NOT play well with upgrades… I like the stability knowing my o/s isn’t gonna give me SH*T… afterall, reloading a 1tb drive is a mess… imagine rigs with 2, 3, 4 or more TB system drives, ugh…

[QUOTE=vdkxa;2649548]wish I could activate already[/QUOTE]the rtm is available on technet/msdn buy a technet account for 199.00 and you can activate now.:slight_smile:

Will try to activate

I had tried one just few days ago, but it seemed to be offline when I tried. I hope this one works.

i wonder if someone will create a ‘removewat’ for windows 8 at some point soon…

[QUOTE=fusion3k;2649521]ah microsoft, just give it away for free![/QUOTE]

…reminds me something on the intro to TRON:LEGACY. :smiley:

I hope it will work :wink:

[QUOTE=cusford;2649640]i wonder if someone will create a ‘removewat’ for windows 8 at some point soon…[/QUOTE]
The activation system has changed with Windows 8. I don’t think we’ll have again a RemoveWAT software to activate it :frowning:

[QUOTE=Zarwag;2649705]The activation system has changed with Windows 8. I don’t think we’ll have again a RemoveWAT software to activate it :([/QUOTE]your correct MS has completely changed their activation methods and would not expect it will be easy to make illeagal activations for windows 8 and why would one want to its not like the windows 8 is going to cost 300.00 like windows 7.
upgrades to pro with a legit OS 39.95 retail is supposed to be around 70.00 in Oct.
:slight_smile:

i hope the retail upgrade price point is correct.