New IE9 preview arrives, appears to smoke Chrome

vbimport

I just posted the article New IE9 preview arrives, appears to smoke Chrome.

Microsoft is eager to show off the hardware acceleration in its latest preview of Internet Explorer 9, and for good reason: It dances all over Google’s Chrome browser in a side-by-side speed test.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/new-ie9-preview-arrives-appears-to-smoke-chrome-31262/](http://www.myce.com/news/new-ie9-preview-arrives-appears-to-smoke-chrome-31262/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Firefox FTW. People love fads is the only reason anyone uses Chrome. IE only gets used because it is automatically installed with Windows if it wasn’t I think it would be long dead.

I use firefox, and while firefox is speedy, its not why i chose firefox back in the day.

It was Ad-Block Plus. The Plugins! Firefox works so well with plugins, and ad-block plus is my favorite one. From what I understand neither IE or Chrome support plugins like firefox does, and can’t easily remove the ads.

So until IE allows that (or Chrome) I wouldn’t even bother to try a new one.

I do hope we get a 64 bit flash and 64 bit firefox. that’d be sweet.

It dances all over Google’s Chrome browser in a side-by-side speed test.
Notice how they only mentioned Chrome…and no hint of FF or FFx64? What does that tell the rest of the users whom use FF - that it doesn’t cut mustard against FF…!

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2527748]Notice how they only mentioned Chrome…and no hint of FF or FFx64? What does that tell the rest of the users whom use FF - that it doesn’t cut mustard against FF…![/QUOTE]
From the article: "Also, in a four-way test with Firefox 3.7 and Opera, Firefox actually outperformed IE9 by a hair. Both browsers tap the computer’s graphics processor with Direct2D, which could explain their similarities. "

[QUOTE=Carfanatic;2527646]Firefox FTW. People love fads is the only reason anyone uses Chrome.[/QUOTE]

Nope, we use Chrome because it is FAST and doesn’t lock up like Firefox does. Firefox got way to laggy and resource intensive for me. I switched to Chrome and I was browsing MUCH faster without any lockups.

Chrome also supports extensions (plugins) now, but I don’t know if it has an Ad-block plus type extension yet…

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2527836]Nope, we use Chrome because it is FAST and doesn’t lock up like Firefox does. Firefox got way to laggy and resource intensive for me. I switched to Chrome and I was browsing MUCH faster without any lockups.

Chrome also supports extensions (plugins) now, but I don’t know if it has an Ad-block plus type extension yet…[/QUOTE]

If I was still running a 486 I would not use FF I agree but, I have an awesome computer that uses less than 1% resources to run FF. Chrome was slow cumbersome and crashed too much; had errors on too many pages and simply didn’t make most of the ones it did work with look as good. I have had one crash with FF ever. I had 28 the one week I tried to use chrome. If you/your computer thinks FF is resource intensive it’s time to upgrade IMO.

[QUOTE=Blu-rayFreak;2527836]Nope, we use Chrome because it is FAST and doesn’t lock up like Firefox does. Firefox got way to laggy and resource intensive for me. I switched to Chrome and I was browsing MUCH faster without any lockups.

Chrome also supports extensions (plugins) now, but I don’t know if it has an Ad-block plus type extension yet…[/QUOTE]

Really lockups well then you must be using a older version FF for those problems. I keep up with the version as to prevent such problems from occurring in the first place. Laggy I have yet to see the majority say such a thing. The last statement “extension yet” means it will not catch up to FF no matter what is said. Chrome got a ways to go before it can be laggy free and resource problems. Oh yes, I find it hard to give up FF since I switched from Netscape as somes still remember that broswer and FF hasn’t let me down since plugin included…rather then use ad-block I edit my “host” file and block sites that way and found that to be more better…