New high-end plasma TV in Japan from Pioneer

vbimport

I just posted the article New high-end plasma TV in Japan from Pioneer.

In a recent press release (Japanese) Pioneer introduced their newest flagship TV, the KRP-600M which is part of the 9th generation of KURO plasma TVs from Pioneer. Sales will start at the end of this…

Read the full article here:  [http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14721-New-high-end-plasma-TV-in-Japan-from-Pioneer.html](http://www.cdfreaks.com/news/14721-New-high-end-plasma-TV-in-Japan-from-Pioneer.html)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“Pioneer introduced their newest flagship TV, the KRP-600M which is part of the 9th generation of KURO plasma TVs from Pioneer.” I doubt the Kuro is in 9th generation as the darn things just hit the market this year. Probably, Kuro is the 8th and 9th generation of all plasmas Pioneer have ever produced. My guess is the 600m is the 2nd generation Kuro.
This message was edited at: 12-06-2008 22:50

Hmmm Nice

Who cares what generation it is. The Kuro’s are hands down the best Plasma screens on the market and its the only HDTV I will touch. I could care less what generation HDTV it is. This is a bit disappointing however as I just upgraded to the new 60" Kuro and just like that there is an even better model available. Oh well this is what happens in the ever changing world of technology. If this is a considerable improvement I will just have to sell mine and upgrade. Thankfully these HDTV’s hold their value extremely well on the used market. Once you go Pioneer Kuro, you don’t go back!!

Please don’t do that, I just ate lunch.

A couple of months ago there was an article saying Pioneer would no longer make their own panels but would get Panasonic to produce them. Is this new Kuro going to be a Panasonic panel or was the whole story false? Btw, who was complaining about the black levels in the previous Kuro? I’ve never heard anyone complaining. The top model has 20 000:1 true (not enhanced like LCD panels claim).