New Here! Already have ? about Sonic burner

vbimport

Just wanted to say Hello to everyone! Yep…I have a question!

Sonic/digital media home came on my comp…XP…I had a virus and had to do Malware scan and clean up and all that jazz!

Now, when clicking on Sonic Digital Media Home it states “preparing to install. Please wait while windows configure Sonic record now data.”

Then it states “The path 1 cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location …try to find installation package ‘BMPLE.MSI’ in a folder from which you can install the product Sonic Record Now data”

The last thing that pops up states “the feature you are trying to use is on a Cd-Rom or other removable disk that is not available.”

Is there any way to recover it? I tried to find ‘help’ on the sonic to see if I can get my serial # but I only get these messages above. thanks in advance!

[QUOTE=alawson;2057099]Just wanted to say Hello to everyone! Yep…I have a question!

Sonic/digital media home came on my comp…XP…I had a virus and had to do Malware scan and clean up and all that jazz!

Now, when clicking on Sonic Digital Media Home it states “preparing to install. Please wait while windows configure Sonic record now data.”

Then it states “The path 1 cannot be found. Verify that you have access to this location …try to find installation package ‘BMPLE.MSI’ in a folder from which you can install the product Sonic Record Now data”

The last thing that pops up states “the feature you are trying to use is on a Cd-Rom or other removable disk that is not available.”

Is there any way to recover it? I tried to find ‘help’ on the sonic to see if I can get my serial # but I only get these messages above. thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

Did you check your manual or reboot with your recover disc that you had or made? Also you gave very little info as to what kind of computer you have and it’s specs to give much help on?? Was that a separate install or factory install?? Did you check the manufacture web site for update or fixes??

It came loaded on the comp and the only cd I got was for Windows XP.
I don’t have a manual nor can find the [I]true [/I]Sonic site.

All that I know is that I have Dell laptop Windows XP home edition…that prob doesn’t help much!

[quote=alawson;2057618]It came loaded on the comp and the only cd I got was for Windows XP.
I don’t have a manual nor can find the [I]true [/I]Sonic site.

All that I know is that I have Dell laptop Windows XP home edition…that prob doesn’t help much![/quote]

Does this help at all?

XP home version 2002 Dell Inspiron 1300

[quote=alawson;2057651]Does this help at all?

XP home version 2002 Dell Inspiron 1300[/quote]

I contacted Dell and they sending me all the cds for free

[QUOTE=alawson;2059087]I contacted Dell and they sending me all the cds for free[/QUOTE]

Good to hear, I figure they should do that since you bought their computer.