New (hello) Forum

vbimport

Ok some strange idea.

What About a forum, where people can say hello(when they are new or back or what ever)?

I know it sounds stupid but I just had to ask.

(sorry for the bad english :slight_smile: )

The Observer

This I would advise against.
To create a special forum for people to say hi seems useless to me. Personally I feel that people need not introduce themselves like this.

When someone is new to this forum he/she can ask a question or answer another’s and consider that their introduction on this forum. A reputation is built based on one’s contribution to this forum, as it should be I think. Get to know people by the way they contribute to this forum.

Especially in the Dutch forum we have seen many topics where people have introduced themselves and shared all kinds of information about themselves through polls for example. As long as topics are not the same everytime (there is one topic where a lot of questions about the CD Freakers are listed (this link))

General Chat is the forum where you can share this information. And when things get as cosy there as we have in “Dutch General Chat” right now we can always split up the forum even more so you can keep track of things better…

OK no problem I understand

Hi, how are you… I am back :smiley:

Originally posted by phrozeman
Hi, how are you… I am back :smiley:

phrozeman,

I can understand you are bored, but posting topics like this in a serious forum is not what this forum is for. For stuff like that we have, in your case, Dutch General Chat.

Originally posted by Da_Taxman
[B]
phrozeman,

I can understand you are bored, but posting topics like this in a serious forum is not what this forum is for. For stuff like that we have, in your case, Dutch General Chat. [/B]

and even it that forum it isn’t that appropriate…No fun in raising your posts…