New guy here in need of some DVD knowledge!

vbimport

First off, hello to all and I’m glad I finally found a place to ask my computer questions plus share my knowledge. I have just R ecently acquired a substantially large boxing collection with probably close to 10,000+ fights. All of these fights are on VHS & DVD’s of which probably 60% of VHS have been converted to DVD’s already. So for the past three months I have been transfering all DVD’s to a 4 TB hard drive that I bought at Sams, and I even bought an extra to back it up. So my process has been place DVD in 1 of my 3 reader/writers open disc folder and drag files to my newly created folder on my 4tb HD, till get burned out which is usually around 60 disc or 130gb per day. (LOL) That being said I’m just curious if this is the right way / best way to do this? Basically I’m just wanting to preserve these very rare fights with ease of use and keeping spectacular clarity of some of these very rare fights. Plus, be able to find particular flight without thumbing through 100’s of DVD’s.

Also I’ve been wanting to create motion menus for some of these fights. I tried Roxio but it will not let me select which part of the movie I want to have in my motion menu. Next I tried Nero 2015 video, and the video will not fill my screen using 16:9. So I called Nero ($15 phone call) only to get “use 4:3 & use HANDBRAKE to convert to MP4”! He said that converting to MP4 would most likely give me a better picture and much easier to use. So doing that I now got a full screen but horrible resolution and very jumpy screen! If I burn the disc just using clone DVD the picture is perfect and my screen is full, however I cannot add motion menus that I’d really like to have. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, I’m tired of beating my head against the wall!

Once again, hello to all and thanks in advance

Most of the time drop & drag works OK .
I have seen artifacts & had folders that wouldn’t burn from doing this.
Since you have CloneDVD use it to do the transfers. That’s what I do.

I usually use an older menu creator when I need a menu .
I think it can do a motion but I’ve never tried it for that .
I usually use as basic a menu as possible .
This software is TitleWritter.
I know it has a 16:9 checkbox for the menu.

I have used DVDStyler a long time ago & it isn’t an easy program to use but I did create a motion menu with it but I was just seeing if I could & I don’t remember the quality .

The last time I used Nero for this it was Nero 9 & this feature was time limited.
It did a good job as far as I was concerned but it was for an old B&W TV series .
I did a motion background with motion thumbtabs.

I have a licensed Nero 6 & 7 but they don’t do as good a job as version 9 did.

I hope this helps.

And welcome to the forums Scrobbyd. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=cholla;2746173]Most of the time drop & drag works OK .
I have seen artifacts & had folders that wouldn’t burn from doing this.
Since you have CloneDVD use it to do the transfers. That’s what I do.

I usually use an older menu creator when I need a menu .
I think it can do a motion but I’ve never tried it for that .
I usually use as basic a menu as possible .
This software is TitleWritter.
I know it has a 16:9 checkbox for the menu.

I have used DVDStyler a long time ago & it isn’t an easy program to use but I did create a motion menu with it but I was just seeing if I could & I don’t remember the quality .

The last time I used Nero for this it was Nero 9 & this feature was time limited.
It did a good job as far as I was concerned but it was for an old B&W TV series .
I did a motion background with motion thumbtabs.

I have a licensed Nero 6 & 7 but they don’t do as good a job as version 9 did.

I hope this helps.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the info

Thank you glad I found this forum!