NEW! Games that cant be PERFECT duplicated, please help!

Greetings Everyone,

I got my hands on a few new titles that in my opinion cannot be made a PERFECT copy (for the lame PERFECT meaning no crack needed).

The new titles in my possession are:

1. Cultures 2 - (seems to have Securom NEW)
  2. Hotel Giant
  3. Industy Giant

I have noticed that these three titiles are all a JoWood release and seem to have the same level of protection.

I am using the following hardware/software:

• LiteOn 40x12x48 (40125s)
  • Samsung 16speed DVDrom
  • Windows XP pro
  • ClonyXXL 2.0.0.6
  • CloneCD 4.0.1.10

Now everything up till these titles have worked flawlessly with the correct settings. I bought the LiteOn primarily because it was known to be the best copier for all protections especially SafeDisc v2.51 and it has been great up till now.

I have tried every possible way to copy these games and it just does not work.

The best i could do is to make a working copy on a CDRW and running on my BURNER ONLY

This to me usually means that it can be done but the correct settings in CloneCD need to be configured.

I have already tired scanning the cd with Clony and using its specified profile. That did not work.

I have also tried using default game profile. That did not work

I have tried using various customised profiles, and they did not work either.

Ok people, so what to do now.

Is this simply a LiteOn limitation of not being able to make a PERFECT copy.

Or has someone out there made a working PERFECT copy with the LiteOn’s that can please share their profile settings with all of us.

Most grateful,

As7r080y
:confused:

Your 2nd and 3rd game are ProtectCD 5 and can’t be copied.

EDIT no, they’re not…

On the first one if securerom very new try latest clone cd (works for some)

On my litey I can only burn the new securerom using cd mate.

Originally posted by alexnoe
Your 2nd and 3rd game are ProtectCD 5 and can’t be copied.

Alex, do you know if anyone has tried fp’s protect cd profile on these 2 games?

No, I don’t have a ProtectCD 5 game, and neither have I heard of anyone who used these profiles to copy one of them successfully.

THANKS!! for the replies everyone… very interesting to see that Clony did not pick up the ProtectCD 5 protection maybe in the next version of Clony, anyway i will look for these profiles that you mentioned and try them.

I will also try to use CD MATE as it has been mentioned also.

If there is anything else please reply.

:slight_smile:

Clone Cd profile will not copy protect cd5 using the profile, The only program i found that worked was blind read /write, reading on the liteon drive…

Make sure you follow Blindread /write tips for VOB protect cd they work…

As7r080y can you tell us if BlindWrite Suite made working copies?

I will do so very soon. Have you read my post on how to get around the NEW Securom protection with the LiteOn’s

Check my other post.

But for sure i will be looking into this shortly just got my hands on the latest version of Blindwrite Suite. :slight_smile:

Regards,

As7

Greetings,

I got my hands on Industry Giants II by Jowood.

As far as i can see this game has the New Securom Protection as on the inner CD RIM it says:

Sony DADC

I was NOT successful in making a working backup of this game with my LiteOn 40125s.

I thought that it would be ok considering that Cultures II also was securom and CD MATE was successful in making a WORKING backup copy.

I tried the same settings, but did not work. I also tried CloneCD 4.0.1.10 with SECUROM settings by FutureProof and that did not work either. :frowning:

I also tried Blindwrite Suit latest build and that did not work either.

Now i have a few questions:

1. Alexnoe you mentioned that this game is a ProtectCD 5 game. How did you come up with this conclusion ? is there something written on the CD that can determine if its a ProtectCD 5.

2. Ghostmaker you mentioned that you can copy protectCD 5 games. Can you please elaborate on your reply a little more on how to go about making a working copy of a ProtectCD5 game.

Thanks very much everyone.

Originally posted by As7r080y
[B]Greetings,

I got my hands on Industry Giants II by Jowood.

As far as i can see this game has the New Securom Protection

I tried the same settings, but did not work. I also tried CloneCD 4.0.1.10 with SECUROM settings by FutureProof and that did not work either. :frowning:

I also tried Blindwrite Suit latest build and that did not work either.[/B]
Sven Rhode, the Elby ‘Test Horse’ has, I believe, backed up Arx Fatalis and IG II using a Liteon. It’s the same protection as found on Never Winter Nights and can be beaten. Make sure that Audio subs is off and that Regenerate is on

Industry Giant, atleast the copy available in Australia is New Securom protected.

Having said that reading the disk with a Liteon DVD LTD-165H was a piece of cake and the copy worked flawlessly.

I suppose that by now it is known that the Liteon Burners are not very friendly when it comes in reading the New Securom.

Have not had a chance to run the same test using the Toshiba 1402 yet.

Originally posted by PaRaDoX
Industry Giant, at least the copy available in Australia is New Securom protected.

@ PaRaDoX
Are you referring to I or II?

Paradox, can you tell us exactly what reader and writer you used to copy Industry Giant 2 ? That game uses the very latest Securom (unlike Warcraft 3, for example, which is an older version).

Nobody else was successful in copying IG2.

By the way, Hotel Giant uses the same version of that Securom.

Originally posted by ofd
[B]Paradox, can you tell us exactly what reader and writer you used to copy Industry Giant 2 ? That game uses the very latest Securom (unlike Warcraft 3, for example, which is an older version).

Nobody else was successful in copying IG2.

By the way, Hotel Giant uses the same version of that Securom. [/B]
HG, Arx Fatalis & IG2 are copyable by an unaffected Liteon (many are poor subs readers) and any ASUS or Plex. Sven Rhode, the Elby ‘test horse’ (sheepfriend has done Arx and HG with Liteons. I suspect even a Ricoh (mostly Samsung chips) or Mitsumi can do it.

What is mixed in here are the DMA and media hoary chestnuts. If DMA is not “on”, if the media is suspect, if the read is not perfect, etc, it won’t work. CP technology is such that, evidenced by WC3 and NWN, you must have a reliable subs reader like an ASUS or Plex burner, or a Liteon 163/5 DVD-ROM.

If the damn games were available in Oz, I’d do 'em for you. I have authoritative advice that they’ve been done by the afrementioned devices. I correspond (PM) with people who have zero posts but who regularly ‘lurk’ but not post. They tell me if it can be done (the new SecuROM) or not (ProtectCD 5).

If PaRaDoX says he’s done it, it’s been done :slight_smile: even if he uses VIA chipsets

[update]PaRaDoX has bought an 845G chipset and 2.3GHz PIV :eek: :eek: :eek:

FutureProof, where does Sven Rhode say that he was successful copying Arx Fatalis and Hotel Giant ? Any URL?

Anyway, please do not mix Warcraft 3 into this discussion - Warcraft 3 is not the newest Securom.

And again, Paradox please tell us what configuration exactly you used.

Originally posted by ofd

Anyway, please do not mix Warcraft 3 into this discussion - Warcraft 3 is not the newest Securom.

To me there’s no difference.

My ASUS writers and Liteon 163D can read WC3 and NWN with the default Game CD profile. Even my Hitachi GD-7500 and Ricoh MP7163A can read these.

My Liteon writers need audio subs off and regenerate on for the read.

So, you tell me the difference :wink:

Originally posted by ofd
FutureProof, where does Sven Rhode say that he was successful copying Arx Fatalis and Hotel Giant ?
In am email to me. I don’t excerpt from Sven’s or Olli’s or any other developer’s correspondence unless they hint at it or explicitly state permission

Wow guys I had no idea I was so popular here LOL . . . :bigsmile:

The idusry giant that I am refering to is the II version.

I used to have a Liteon LTD-163 reader which I have upgraded to LTD-165 which is much quiter and supposedly UDMA 3 !

My reader is Liteon LTD-165H using the latest FW CH0N which changes the liteon badge in DM to JLMS JVC. Liteon Manufatering Services or something like that.

I have two Liteon 40X Writer that I have OC’d to 48X so I suppose they are called LTR-4812W now using the FW VS02 ( the fastest FW I have tried so far)

Normally I burn the backups at full speed Read and Write but in this case I have found out that atleast in my case I had to reduce the read and write speed a bit, I’ll explain in a second.

Personally I never trusted reading from a burner as again in my case I have found out that they are much slower than reading the original from a lets say DVD unit in this case LTD-165H.

Here is what I have used:

Reading The Disk:

Reader :

Liteon LTD-165H fw. CH0N

CCD Settings :

Data Read Setting :

• Read speed: 8X

• Read Subchannel from Data from Data Tracks Checked

• Regenerate Data Sectors

Audio Read Settings:

• Read Speed Audio 4X

• Audio Extraction Quality Medium (Fast)

• Read Subchannel Data From Audio Tracks Checked

• Only Read First Session NOT Checked

• FES NONE

• IBSS NONE

Writing the Disk:

• Writer LTR-4812W

• Wrte Method : RAW DAO

• Perform Power Laser Caliberation

Write Settings :

Only checked Always close the last session

Write Speed 8X

Medium Used : RICOH 700MB 32X Type 80

Method of Writing: On The Fly

The Copy plays fine in either my Toshiba SD-1402 DVD or Liteon LTD-165H, then again I hardly have any need to run the copy from any of the burners so I suppose the issue of Hide the CDR media becomes irrelevant in my part.

I hope this was of some help.

BTW Futureproof, there is noting wrong with VIA LOL . . . your favorite chipset . . . :bigsmile:

But Intel has done it for me this time ! :wink: :smiley:

In short, PaRaDoX, what you’re saying is that IGII isn’t any different from every other new securerom new protected cd.

Your reader just has to be up to scratch as a sub-code reader and your writer capable of writing them accurately which may rule out many Lite-on writers if used as the reader.

No doubt, if I were to buy it for my #2 son (who’d be the only one who’d play it), I would, as always have no difficulty copying it with either alcohol 120% or clonecd using either my Ltd-163 or my eccentric Ltr-24102b (mine is a particularly, and peculiarly, good sub-code reader unlike most of that model) as the reader. However, since I bought him The Thing last weekend, I won’t bother just to confirm what I already know.

@ ofd
How can the version of securerom used on Industry Giant II be significantly different from that used on WCIII? The two games were released at almost exactly the same time.

I suspect that the reason that there are many more posts of success in copying WCIII is simply a reflection of the fact that WCIII is the biggest selling game for years so many more people have bought it and made the attempt to copy it.

Paradox, you aren’t running Daemon Tools or likewise on those machines as well, right? Especially not the Securom emulation …

And on those machines you tested the copy on, which OS do they have?