New forums

vbimport

As some of you might notice / have noticed, we’ve just added more hardware forums. We hope that this way we will make it more clear for people that they can post their hardware problems here, and most of all, that the experts we have here will be able to give some people a hand :wink:

There forums have no moderators yet, but we will keep an eye out on people that are active there, have good communication skills and proof they are an expert in their area of interest.

These forums were added:

[ul]
[li]CPUs, Motherboards, RAM & Overclocking - Everything you need to know about CPUs, Motherboards, RAM & Overclocking.
[/li][li]Graphics & Multimedia cards - All your queries answered regarding graphics cards, sound cards and other mutimedia add ins.
[/li][li]Networking & security - Got a query about networking or security? Then feel free to ask it here.
[/li][li]Building your own PC - Thinking of building your own PC? Well here’s the place to start with expert advice brought to you by MyCE.
[/li][li]Laptops & tablets - The best place to come for advice on laptops, tablets & portable computing in general.
[/li][/ul]

Yo Domi-

[B][I]OUTSTANDING!!![/I][/B]

These forums have been needed for a long time - [I][B]thank you[/B][/I]-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2643621]Yo Domi-

[B][I]OUTSTANDING!!![/I][/B]

These forums have been needed for a long time - [I][B]thank you[/B][/I]-eh!![/QUOTE]

I agree. The General Hardware has always been the most crowded and confusingly diverse forum, especially with all those starting ODD-related threads there.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2643806]I agree. The General Hardware has always been the most crowded and confusingly diverse forum, especially with all those starting ODD-related threads there.[/QUOTE]
Next forum is the LN2 Overclocking forum. ( just Joking):bigsmile::bigsmile:
Maybe just DICE.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

Yo DoMi-

Could we have a new forum in the Software Forum that deals with antivirus, spyware and malware

[QUOTE=alan1476;2643901]Next forum is the LN2 Overclocking forum. ( just Joking):bigsmile::bigsmile:
Maybe just DICE.:bigsmile::bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Who knows? SSD was once reserved for those with millions of dollars or looking for the exotic. Not necessarily LN2, but general overclocking and liquid cooling can go mainstream.

[QUOTE=Kenshin;2644105]Who knows? SSD was once reserved for those with millions of dollars or looking for the exotic. Not necessarily LN2, but general overclocking and liquid cooling can go mainstream.[/QUOTE]
My friend HiCookie can post here, he uses LN2 and Dice and will blow away all the OCing records.:bigsmile::bigsmile:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2644066]Yo DoMi-

Could we have a new forum in the Software Forum that deals with antivirus, spyware and malware[/QUOTE]

I like that idea. :wink:

I like it too, for sure I want to add those :wink:

I guess we’ll first need to get some action in the new hardware forums and then move over to the software part. Can’t focus on everything at once :wink:

Could we have a new forum in the Software Forum that deals with antivirus, spyware and malware[/QUOTE]

I also like that Idea :flower:

Hi :slight_smile:
OK …
Sounds great.
My comment.
Is that enough?

By this I mean much of the software that deals with the above.
Is often referred to as PC clean up tools etc (in the area spyware/malware in particular).

This often leads to confusion for the novice.
(Even folk like me.)

So I would suggest a forum that not only covers the above brief.
But maybe structured in such a way as to cover repair/removal.
Alongside protection.
Which isn’t always the same thing.

I am involved in several forums.
None of which are always crystal clear.
Hence members asking me if I’ve posted in the right place… :doh:

Conclusion:
I trust members will help in any way.
Even if that means waiting patiently by.

DoMiN8ToR appears to approaching these topics in a very logical manner.

So it is boding well for the future. :clap:

[QUOTE=DoMiN8ToR;2644327]I like it too, for sure I want to add those :wink:

I guess we’ll first need to get some action in the new hardware forums and then move over to the software part. Can’t focus on everything at once ;)[/QUOTE]

Yo DoMi-

It has been over a month since the request - do we have time to start a Antivirus, Malware and Spyware subforum in the Software Forum ???

Mike, he’s got it installed - he’s spelled in “Windows 8” however. That’s OK, right? :):slight_smile:

Yes, the Windows 8 forum has been split off due the large amount of Windows 8 topics and since there is a decent amount viewing it I think that justifies the decision.

As you might have seen with the hardware forums, it takes time before they become active. I’m not really happy yet as how active they are so adding a forum on a topic of which we don’t see a lot of topics yet is probably not contributing to the forum.

The reason for this is that when people come to our board and see that in a lot of forums there haven’t been posts in the last few hours / minutes, they will consider our forum not active and they are not expecting a (quick) response. People generally like to see fast replies.

The new hardware forums have been added to underline the new way we want to go, our main focus is on computers (hardware/software), instead of the consumer electronics path that has been taken by the former management and which has not been beneficial to the board ( including other decisions) Of course we’ll continue to have room to discuss CE related subjects here too, but the main focus will be on computers.

So, I still like the idea, but I think with the current activity it will make that we’ll end up with another hardly active forum and as explained above that will not contribute to the forum.

It might seem more logical that adding a new forum will generate more activity, unfortunately the past and recent events have learned us that it isn’t the case.

All I can say, promote the board, get your friends here and make them post, the sooner we have more activity the sooner we can add new forums.

I hope I explained it a bit Mike, I take every suggestion very serious and I would have told you before if I didn’t think it would be feasible or if I’m not willing to do it.

There are many more things I’d like to change e.g. also a suggestion from Zebadee on the forum top navigation, but I’m currently trying to focus on the things that I think take the least time and have most impact and work through that list accordingly.

Nevertheless, I hope you will all stay and we can welcome a lot new great members that start to contribute to the great atmosphere we have and always have had and it’s incredible great to see that there is still a group of people here I remember from before I left :wink:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2651420]Yo DoMi-

It has been over a month since the request - do we have time to start a Antivirus, Malware and Spyware subforum in the Software Forum ???[/QUOTE]

Yo Mike

Rather then creating another forum/sub-forum wouldn’t a sticky thread called ‘General Antivirus, Malware and Spyware Discussion Thread’ work just as good, we would have to worry about another forum having a low activity rate.

Tis just my .02¢ and idea.
[B]SJ[/B]

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2651492]Yo Mike

Rather then creating another forum/sub-forum wouldn’t a sticky thread called ‘General Antivirus, Malware and Spyware Discussion Thread’ work just as good, we would have to worry about another forum having a low activity rate.

Tis just my .02¢ and idea.
[B]SJ[/B][/QUOTE]

Yo Tim-

Sounds good to me - let’s do it-eh!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2651497]Yo Tim-

Sounds good to me - let’s do it-eh!! :clap: :clap: :clap:[/QUOTE]

As you wish and so it is done my friend. :wink:

:cool:

Oh man… I gotta git me one o’ them genies.

I’ve stuffed Hubby into tight confines before but he refuses to pop out. Even when I got smoke in there, too.

He kept whimpering about FIRE! FIRE!! You’d think I’d actually killed him before. And I haven’t! NOT ONCE!!

I tell ya… I just gotta git me a genie.

[QUOTE=ChristineBCW;2651521]Oh man… I gotta git me one o’ them genies.

I’ve stuffed Hubby into tight confines before but he refuses to pop out. Even when I got smoke in there, too.

He kept whimpering about FIRE! FIRE!! You’d think I’d actually killed him before. And I haven’t! NOT ONCE!!

I tell ya… I just gotta git me a genie.[/QUOTE]
They don’t make little Genies in Texas, you will have to order one on Amazon.:slight_smile:

I’m glad you like the genie ChristineBCW it is from one of my animated stationaries I created for my emails :bigsmile:

Anyway the sticky thread called ‘General Antivirus, Malware and Spyware Discussion Thread’ is located in the "General Software’ forum if any of you want to start using it which Mike has just been volunteered to HELP[B]!![/B] out in.

[B]SJ[/B]