New firmware-ZSOJ

vbimport

what are the benfits of this firmware. am i correct in assuming that it can now use p-cav and mt-rainer?

Originally posted by hburrows83
am i correct in assuming that it can now use p-cav and mt-rainer?

Yes to the Mt Rainier as Nero Info Tool confirmed that after I flashed my LTR-40125S with it, don’t know how to check for Z-CLV/P-CAV.

use nero cd speed
It states what is the writing method used, as well as u can see the writing speed pattern, Z-CLV, P-CAV, and CAV are pretty different.

Hady

Thanks Hady

Yes to P-Cav too. I also feel that my drive performs much better with this firmware. I have done fairly, for me, extensive testing with a lot of firmware for this drive, including overclocking with VS01 and VS02, and so far ZS0J gets my vote. :cool:

Can I use the ZS0J to upgrade my 40x “W” model?

Can I use the VS0J to upgrade my 40x “W” model?

ask OC-FREAK

Hi Folks,
I am an old retired engineer who finally a couple of days ago bought, after reading this forum, a CDW. Been messing with computers for years and just never had the urge.
After the flashing the new Lite-On 40125S to the new ZS0J bios it burns in p-cav using NERO 5.5.8.2. and supports Mt. Rainier very well. Have been using TDK 40X CDR and TDK 10X CD-RW media (both made in Taiwan).
Today I have been playing with Nero InCd 3.29.1 using the Mt. Rainier (CD-MRW) format. Essentially, I have a 650+meg floppy drive that can be reformatted, erased, rewritten, etc. just like a floppy. Cool!! Drag and drop or use Win Explorer, delete add files, etc. Click on a drawing or picture and it opens just as if it is on the hard disk - yet it is on the Lite-On CDW. Boy, this technology stuff is just wonderful! This may not be exciting to you guys who know the ropes but I am still on a straight up learning curve!
Running an old over clocked Abit BH6 and Win 98.
Regards,

lparky

You can not judge the depth of the well by the length of the handle on the pump!

Hi Folks,
I am an old retired engineer who finally a couple of days ago bought, after reading this forum, a CDW. Been messing with computers for years and just never had the urge.
After the flashing the new Lite-On 40125S to the new ZS0J bios it burns in p-cav using NERO 5.5.8.2. and supports Mt. Rainier very well. Have been using TDK 40X CDR and TDK 10X CD-RW media (both made in Taiwan).
Today I have been playing with Nero InCd 3.29.1 using the Mt. Rainier (CD-MRW) format. Essentially, I have a 650+meg floppy drive that can be reformatted, erased, rewritten, etc. just like a floppy. Cool!! Drag and drop or use Win Explorer, delete add files, etc. Click on a drawing or picture and it opens just as if it is on the hard disk - yet it is on the Lite-On CDW. Boy, this technology stuff is just wonderful! This may not be exciting to you guys who know the ropes but I am still on a straight up learning curve!
Running an old over clocked Abit BH6 and Win 98.
Regards,

lparky

hi iparky, glad to see u joined the team. just goes to show that age doesn’t matter:p ull find all you need to know in these forums but may i ask wtf has this post got to do with this thread?

Thought you guys might want to know my great results in flashing to the new firmware. Sorry, hburrows83, if you did not pick up on my point.
Regards,

lparky

Wet birds do not fly at night!

np

quote:

Sure you will have to use MTKFlash and ZS0J.bin but I have done it with no problems. In fact I recommend it! :cool:

Originally posted by momoney
[B]quote:

Sure you will have to use MTKFlash and ZS0J.bin but I have done it with no problems. In fact I recommend it! :cool: [/B]

ok can you tell me where to get the ZSOJ.bin file
i have the 40125W with firmware :WS03

will it work on this firmware ?

my question is is this bin hacked i dont want to upgrade it or hack it in eny way untill i find out more facts on the 481248 informaton :smiley:

also what are the commands i imput for to back up 1st then flash

tnx my burner is on secondery master drive is set to master

tnx all information is apreshiated :slight_smile:

Originally posted by KenL
Can I use the ZS0J to upgrade my 40x “W” model?

mate if you try this firmware on the W model can you speed your info on this thread to tell me what it added to the drive and what the performance is like

and is it safe … cheers :):confused:

I have the Zs0J.bin file and I got it a round about way since I could not find out how to change the Zs0J.exe file that I downloaded from Liteon to a *.bin file. What I did was flash my 40125W with firmware WS03 to Zs0G.bin and that changed the drive to a 4012S5 and I then used the Zs0J.exe file to flash my drive. Once I had the drive set up with that firmware I used MTKFLASH to make a Zs0J.bin file for my future use…just in case. I like it because it seems to accept all my media even the 40x CMC disks that I bought (which I will never do again as I will stick to Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden from now on).

If you want me to send it to you, I will. :cool:

Originally posted by KenL
[B]I have the Zs0J.bin file and I got it a rounsd about way since I could not find out how to change the Zs0J.exe file that I downloaded from Liteon in a *.bin file. What I did was flash my 40125W with firmware WS03 to Zs0G.bin and that changed the drive to a 4012S5 and I then used the Zs0J.exe file to flash my drive. Once I had the drive set up with that firmware I use dMTKFLASH to make a Zs0J.bin file for my future use…just in case. I like it because it seems to accept all my media even the 40x CMC disks that I bought (which I will never do again as I will stick to Mitsui and Taiyo Yuden from now on).

If you want me to send it to you, I will. :cool: [/B]

kewl can you send it here please !!

v2k@v2kv2k.freeserve.co.uk

tnx :smiley:

so all i do is back up my firmware i have then flash with the bin you send me !!!

is it realy safe i already blew up a liteon 12x lol with flashing :confused:

KenL, ViRuS2k

Why not just flash the 40125W using the ZS0J.exe from
Lite-on straightaway without going through the hassle of
making a bin file, etc? The Lite-on ZS0J.exe flasher for the
“S” model should work just fine on the “W” model as the
hardware is identical and the ZSOJ bios is later version
for both (assuming they have their original Bios).

Am I incorrect?

Larry

so with mt rainer, it only works on cdrws? or does it work on cdr’s as well?

Larry, I don’t think you can use the Liteon supplied Zs0J.exe to flash the “W” drive as it is not in the drives Liteon considers earlier versions and that is stated as you try to do so, it lists the range of drives it will work for and the “W’s” are not considered.

:bigsmile:

Thats right but you can flash your 40w drive to the 40s drive using vs08.bin with mtkflash and then use the zsoj.exe in windows to do it.
Ive just done it.

cheers