New Firmware V1.35 for Asus CRW5224A

vbimport

just came across it on the asus site (was actually searching for something else :wink: )

change log: (yeah believe it or not but asus actually said what changed with this release :eek: :eek: )

Improve reaction time as eject button pressed.
Improve write speed down function to protect the write quality.
Improve/Add some CD-R media write quality and write speed.

anyone tried this release?

im not so willing to experiment with firmware versions for my drive. i cant flash it with mtkflash or winflash, so when flashed with the original asus flash tool im stuck with that version because asus flash tool dont let me flash an older version when a newer is already on the drive.

I wonder if you can use ASUSFhB6T4.exe, or the DOS flasher: flashafs.zip along with this firmware file: A52V110p.afs to flash back to an early version…

im not so willing to experiment with firmware versions for my drive. i cant flash it with mtkflash or winflash, so when flashed with the original asus flash tool im stuck with that version because asus flash tool dont let me flash an older version when a newer is already on the drive.

:confused: Worked fine for me. Recently downgraded from 1.2 to 1.1 (using default ASUS firmware download/tool). I did this since 1.2 seemed to give far lower recording speeds for the 48x TDK media I’m using (performance graphs mostly showed 24x max, despite the media being reported as 48x).

Will test the new 1.35 firmware at some point to see if it’s any better.

weird it only works with the B6T4 version of the flash tool
but i works and thats what matters :slight_smile:

I am not able to download A52V110p.afs from asus . Can anyone send me a copy of this file or point to another download location?