Now available officially at Plextor Japan:
mechanical translation of changelog:
- DVD-R, +R addition of DL corresponding media.
- DVD+R record grade improvement.
- DVD±RW record grade improvement.
- The trouble correction where with Q-Check of PlexTools Professional error occurs with DL media measurement.
- The trouble correction where error occurs with the Jitter/Beta measurement of PlexTools Professional.
- Solar induced electricity [That’s Taiyo Yuden] DVD-R8 time fast the media (TYG02) entry grade improvement and the modification which designates the highest speed with the same media as 8 time speed.
- Riteck DVD-R 16 time fast entry grade improvement of media.
Riteck DVD-R 16倍速メディアの書き込み品位向上。
Can someone please translate this? Thank you
Added some DVD-R, DVD+R/DL media
Improve writing quality of DVD+R
Improve writing quality of DVD-RW, DVD+RW
bug fix: error occur during Q-check for DL media
bug fix: error occur during Jitter/Beta test
Improve writing quality of TYG02.
Max writing speed of TYG02 is limited to 8x
Improve writing quality of Ritek F1 (16x DVD-R)
Thanks for info, sounds not bad.
Perhaps more importantly…works!
This firmware is great! Seems to read cds and dvds better. I was able to rip dvds up to 16x speed!
Single or dual layer?
Single, which would be why it was ripping so fast. Still, I haven;t seen that kind of rip speed of single layer dvds in a LONG time! I’ve have the pioneer a05 and a09, and the Nec 3500a dvd drives and I haven’t seen such rip speeds compared to the plextor.
this FW revision looks like it contains some considerable improvements…
every day it gets harder to NOT order a 760 from newegg for 99.99…
^Wow. Which brand disc?MID?
Hi but when You start Nero and in PlexTools\Options\Refresh can you see that Buffer Underrun Proof became disabled?? Why ?? It’s bug!!
If I use other burning software Buffer Underrun Proof is always enabled!!!
Sorry for the late answer… it was a YUDEN000-T03 (Verbatim).
That’s really nice but was not mentioned in the changelog.
You’re right, I mentioned it here a week ago, but I guess that many people do not follow closely that thread (including me ).
Guess i’ve to look more in the feedback/suggestions thread to find more surprises like these.
what about 90/99min CD-R’s ?
I thought that 99 min CD-R would work anyway.