New firmware galore

vbimport

Just wondered over to Station-drivers and see they have a few new FW.
No idea if these are brand new, but finally a new FW for my GSA-E50L

GSA-E50N
GSA-E50L
GH22NP20
GH22LP20
GH22NS30
GH22LS30
GGC-H20L
GGC-H20N
GGW-H10N
GGW-H20L
GGW-H20N

You can find them here

Enjoy :slight_smile:

Nice job, mobilenvidia :flower:…still nothing new for the H62N though :sad:

nice to see a new firmware for the e50l. as far as i know its a t20l in an external case. I wonder if it is posible to crossflash the t20l to a e50l which support bitsetting as i read in the review of the e50l. the t20l is auto bitsetting (i have one in an asus laptop and i am very happy with this drive)

Some still are out of date like the GSA-4163B they have A105 we all have had A106 for ages now. Some other drives have older firmware than is available.

Still is a good find for you did look here first i assume. Seems you didn’t but you have the correct url now. :wink:

[QUOTE=puki ajam;2160693]nice to see a new firmware for the e50l. as far as i know its a t20l in an external case. I wonder if it is posible to crossflash the t20l to a e50l which support bitsetting as i read in the review of the e50l. the t20l is auto bitsetting (i have one in an asus laptop and i am very happy with this drive)[/QUOTE]

I’m sure the E50L has auto bit setting.
I bought the E50L took the drive out of the USB case and put it in my laptop.
Put the old CD/DVD drive in the USB case and gave it away as a gift.
Now we are both happy.

And you are right the E50L is a T20L.
Great drive though.

so there is nothing to gain turning a t20l into a e50l.
I don’t know if a t20l has securdisk, don’t need it either
thanks for the info

Nice work, but too bad there’s nothing for my trusty GSA-H42N. :frowning:

[QUOTE=puki ajam;2161022]so there is nothing to gain turning a t20l into a e50l.
I don’t know if a t20l has securdisk, don’t need it either
thanks for the info[/QUOTE]

The E50L/T20L has SecureDisk as well :slight_smile:
Never used it though or Lightscribe either

BTW I did quick write up of the drive way back in January here

I did use lightscribe, in my opinion labelflash looks nicer, and printed disks the best(evenso no large inner circle). so t20l has securdisk didn’t know that. imgburn doesn’t suport it, and i have no need for it as well

so i guess the t20l doen’t support securedisk

Strange as my burner has a T20L sticker on it.
But the Firmware reports E50L.
So the T20L must support Securedisk in Hardware but the firmware may have it disabled.

not a big issue for me, but it would be nice to experiment with, nothing more or less. no securdisc symbol as well. no intention to fool around with firmware as it is a good drive and don’t wan’t to kill it. I’ve an old litey 832s in an external case with firewire/usb rpc1 and speed-read, my workhorse for laptops

Looks like the T20L also doesn’t support Layer Jump Recording

never used dual layer media for multi session burning. and i never ever used dvd-R DL only dvd+R DL. so also not an issue for me. but for other?? perhaps it could be usefull to crossflash (if possible, perhaps a question / request for ala42 ??) have you flashed already or did it come with NE02. if not you can make it rpc1 with ala42 's mediacodespeededit tool

Drive came with FW NE-01.

Don’t use it to burn much these days.
The Age of the Media Player with massive HD is here.

Did your drive come with FW NR-02 ?
Wonder why they disabled some features on the same drive ?

Luckily for me, the external drive was way cheaper than the internal model.

my drive came with nr02 no new firmware yet (asus). there is a new hp firmware out for the drive(older than the e50l firmware) but i’m not intending to use it. yes funny they crippled the t20l without those features.

[QUOTE=puki ajam;2161952]my drive came with nr02 no new firmware yet (asus). there is a new hp firmware out for the drive(older than the e50l firmware) but i’m not intending to use it. yes funny they crippled the t20l without those features.[/QUOTE]

Hey puki,

Thanks for replying to my other post about the dvd game not working. Can you post a link to this new HP firmware? The link you gave me for the other firmware didn’t make any difference. Is the HP firmware different?

edit…nvrmind, I didn’t see that it WAS OEM file…thanks anyway

does the hp oem version support securdisc and/or layerjumprecording??
I guess OEM drives don’t, the E50L is a true LG drive and does.
can you confirm if your HP OEM does

I’ll check when I get home after work. I haven’t burned any discs on the drive yet at all…only video playback, game/software installs, etc.

[QUOTE=puki ajam;2187661]does the hp oem version support securdisc and/or layerjumprecording??
I guess OEM drives don’t, the E50L is a true LG drive and does.
can you confirm if your HP OEM does[/QUOTE]

Sorry it took so long…does not support securdisc, but does support LJR.