New firmware for LTD-163D GHR7

GHR7 for dvd LTD-163D. Still not on Jlms site.

Available on my site both as W32 exe at the 163D page and in BIN form at the Binaries page.

I have no info at all. The exe was mailed to an owner by Jlms support.

Feel free to it :wink:

link doesn’t work

Please, what sort of relpy is “link doesn’t work” :confused:

2 different files from 3 site mirrors- that’s 6 links.
They can’t be all dead. Checked them after upping and again now. ALL alive.

If you get a refusal from Angelfire, read the top of the page. At the web.1000 server disable download manager.

I put a lot of effort, trying to keep my site banner/popups free.
Sorry for the inconvenience, but please try a bit harder next time.

Cheers

Mango has done it again! We all appreciate the effort you put into this, well done! :slight_smile:

Digi, you have mail regarding the new GHR7 firmware.

RPC I - JLMS
RPC I - LITEON
RPC II - LITEON

The two LITEON versions are for those who may wish to keep the LITEON name with their 163D. :bigsmile:

Stellar!!!

I’ll be awaiting the LITEON RPC 1 hack.

Great work guys!!

Originally posted by Nemesys
[B]Stellar!!!

I’ll be awaiting the LITEON RPC 1 hack.

Great work guys!! [/B]

Heh, my 163D will never say JLMS. Glad to see that I am not alone. :stuck_out_tongue:

Sorry, the link is right, but XP can’t download it…
With it’s GetRight OK.

Thanks Airhead for the nice words and SecretAgentMan for the good work :slight_smile:

I’ll upload the ‘improved’ bins soon.
I wonder what the Liteon guys think when they see ghr7 hacked even before they officially publish it… LOL :bigsmile:

Will appreciate some input as to ghr7 versus previous versions, as I don’t have this drive myself.

Cheers :cool:

New firmware GHR5, GHR6 & GHR7 have a bug!
With EAC and CDRWin when you insert an audioCD WITHOUT ISRC, the 163D writes in the cuesheet ISRC codes!!!
For example: 10@3536@@278 :a :a :a

I have now flashed with GHR3 and the 163D writes NOTHING when there isn’t ISRC! :bigsmile:

@ mag97
I don’t think they are aware of this problem at all. This concerns only a vey limited group of users and maybe you better report it to them:
service@jlms.com.tw

In the meantime I uploaded SecretAgentMan’s fixed binaries, 2 of them to be precise. So now ther are 3 GHR7 bin’s at my binaries page:

GHR7 - original Jlms binary
GHR7JF - region free binary identifed as Jlms
GHR7LF - region free binary identified as Liteon.

The original Window’s GHR7.exe is at my Ltd-163D page.

:cool:

Would it be of any use to flash it to my LTD163 ? (without D)
Anyone tried it and compared this firmware with the one of the LTD163?

Or should i just stick to firmware GH5Q ? :slight_smile:

Originally posted by KBDE
Would it be of any use to flash it to my LTD163 ? (without D)
Anyone tried it and compared this firmware with the one of the LTD163?

Don’t do that! this drive has a different pick up head and a couple of other diffs.

Also, I know for a fact that they also have a new fw ready for the 163.

Originally posted by Mango
[B]
Don’t do that! this drive has a different pick up head and a couple of other diffs.

Also, I know for a fact that they also have a new fw ready for the 163. [/B]

Yeah i know about the different pick up head, but i’ve heard it works without problems anyway :slight_smile:

But if they release a new firmware for the 163 why would i bother, right ? :smiley:
Its not that i really need the firmware update or so, but its nice to have it anyway :stuck_out_tongue:

BTW: I’ve flashed the drive anyway (I just wanted to experiment :smiley: )

It works great until now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Well, good luck to you. I know it can be done, I’ve done it myself to try the bin, which I extracted from the exe with just a hex editor. I didn’t want to pulish a bin without testing it first. But I flashed it back soon after.

Some people doing it the other way around. They flash a 163D with 163 firmware. At least they are doing it for a reason: they use GH5E because it stops the drive from caching audio data. They are devoted EAC users and they have a strong preference for a drive that doesn’t cache audio.

Your reason is that you like to experiment, there’s nothing wrong with it. But there is a reason why those drives need a different fw, if there wasn’t, Liteon would have been happy to save the expense of developing&publishing it.

So as I said, good luck, and I hope you don’t fry your laser. I don’t say you will, mind you :cool:

Originally posted by Mango
[B]
Your reason is that you like to experiment, there’s nothing wrong with it. But there is a reason why those drives need a different fw, if there wasn’t, Liteon would have been happy to save the expense of developing&publishing it.

So as I said, good luck, and I hope you don’t fry your laser. I don’t say you will, mind you :cool: [/B]

Hehe, yeah i keep that in mind, i will probably just flash it back if liteon releases a new firmware for the 163.

The drive works 100% identical as before, but like you said, liteon changed the firmware for a reason, i better not try to find out why… :bigsmile: :wink:

Sweet! Thanks Mr. Mango and Mr. S.A.M. for the f/w and hack. :bigsmile:

BTW, is there a hacked region free DS0F f/w for 166S that says Lite-On rather than JLMS?

I renamed the DS0F firmware twice making a small change to each version but I cannot check them since I do not have that particular drive.

Any changelogs around?:confused: