New firmware for LTD 163 and LTN 526

vbimport

New firmware D163GH5N and 526YHOX at http://www.liteonit.com.tw/index-english.htm
Match more media.
For the EAC-freaks: with this firmware the LTD163 is capable of caching audio data, so not good I guess.:frowning:

how can i update firmware on my ltn-526d

i cannot find a firmware that will allow me to update this drive is there a bin file i can use with mtkflash or will it only work on cdrw drives.

solaman.

Download the new firmware for your drive there:

http://www.liteonit.com/webfw/48526/526YH0X.zip

If it doesn’t start downloading, try copy and paste this link!

Extract it and then start in pure dos.

Then go to the directory you’ve extracted it and run the .exe

Reboot and it should work!

i have the firmware and have ran exe in pure dos but it will not allow upgrade as drive does not match i have a ltn-526d and firmware at liteon is for 526 or 526s it does not mention 526d and neither will allow upgrade using the firmware, so what gives

solaman

Please give me your e-mail address and i’ll send you the bin of the LTN-526!

Oh, sorry. I can’t create a .bin file of this firmware with litefirm!
What’s your firmware of LTN-526D?

Now I’ve got a question:

What are the changes with the new firmware for LTD-163?

Can I upgrade my firmware from LTD-163D to any other drive’s firmware (163 or 165H)?

Is it worth changing?

I have the LTD-163 and just updated to GH5N. I then ran the usual tests.

Nero CD Speed’ Advanced DAE reports that the drive does not read from the leadin or leadout, it does read CD text but does not read the subchannels.

EAC’s detect features detects accurate stream, C2 and caching.

OK, so I thought the drive was able to read subchannels. What happened?

Originally posted by Madison
[B]Now I’ve got a question:

Can I upgrade my firmware from LTD-163D to any other drive’s firmware (163 or 165H)?
[/B]

No, these are very different drives and is not recommended. Well you can try but I advise you to save the existing frimware first in case the force flashing kills your drive (if it allows flashing at all).

Originally posted by Tremo
[B]I have the LTD-163 and just updated to GH5N. I then ran the usual tests.

Nero CD Speed’ Advanced DAE reports that the drive does not read from the leadin or leadout, it does read CD text but does not read the subchannels.

EAC’s detect features detects accurate stream, C2 and caching.

OK, so I thought the drive was able to read subchannels. What happened? [/B]

Mine does the same thing (with G5HK), even says I can’t DAE at 16X even though it can. I did similar testing on my old Plextor 1210A with similar, erroneous results. I don’t think this test is entirely accurate.

is it worth upgrading the fw on the ltd 163

i noticed u helped someone with this earlier and the link / nfo u gave was dead and also for them to message u, so here i am asking 4 help, and will offer nething i can in return email me at EVILBlTCH@gmail.com or /server 64.38.215.58:7000:#darkdreams if your on irc as nick B|TCH or Neoz_B|TCH

thanks u SO much 4 anything u can provide me

cheerz n beerz

B|TCH