New firmware for Liteon 16102b and 32123S

vbimport

New firmware R16OSOJ and R32XSOU for the Liteon 16102B and 32123S at: http://www.liteonit.com.tw/index-english.htm.
New firmware is compateble with more media.

Thanks for the info…

RHYTMOS

You’re welcome.

The correct URL (whithout the dot) would be http://www.liteonit.com.tw/index-english.htm
:cool:

Great info. BUT… will the new firmware still emable the 32123S drive to read into the leadin and leadout?

yeahhh TREMO… that was the first test I did…!!!

:slight_smile:

and YES… the lite-on 32 still reads LEAD-IN and LEAD-OUT!!! with the new firmware
AND again a was able to rip the SHAKIRA cd (with KEY2AUDIO protection)…I don’t know why some people say they cannot rip it… (since the previous firmware it is possible to do it without any hash) !!!

In addition I tried a crappy CMC media (12x)… that I couldn’t use before and NOW it burns at 32x -Zero errors!!!

RHYTMOS

Have you checked the buffer size post flashing to XS0U? It’s now 1984k instead of 2048k. I wonder what’s happened to 64k…? Expansion ROM for new media/write strategies?

Edit: For typo.

I thouhgt I had more buffer the last time I checked… You’re right stevem, something weird (or very very horrifying) happened to those 64kb… :slight_smile:

yeap… the same here… (At least that is what Nero Infotool says…) Maybe is a problem with that util, is not the first time that Nero Infotool reads incorrect data from the bios of the burner.

I don’t think that is due to more media recognition… 64 K !!! it’s to much for that.
…but who knows… (How about Mount Rainier support !!!)

yeah… I’m just dreaming… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

RHYTMOS

Does it still write SD 2.51 though you guys please tell me as every post I have put I haven’t got answer to :mad:

Originally posted by rhytmos
[B]
I don’t think that is due to more media recognition… 64 K !!! it’s to much for that.
…but who knows… (How about Mount Rainier support !!!)

yeah… I’m just dreaming… :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
[/B]

Dream on, I think they would have written it in the whatsnew then… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I flashed the new firmware into my LTR32123S. Works great. Still can read far into the leadin and leadout. DAE performance is very good. It ran the Nero advanced DAE test with no errors at all.

Now will it read CDS??

jejejej AIRHEAD…

…fly me to the moon…
…let me play among the stars…

:slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Someday CDS100-200 and Mt. Rainier support will be available for Lite-on 32

:slight_smile:

RHYTMOS

Let’s hope! :slight_smile: