New Firmware For DW1670?

vbimport

I must be missing something here. Everyone seems to be waiting for a new firmware for the 1670. In this preview on the DW1670 Wes is showing a 002 and a 004 firmware.
:confused:

The 0xx firmware is for “Development firmware” use by BenQ internally for testing purpose. The official firmware will be 1xx.

That explains it. Thank you! :wink:

Looks like the first official firmware [B]is[/B]* 1XX (1.00?).

[B]*[/B] use babelfish to translate japanese to english.

BTW, does anybody know if the same eeprom chip is used on DQ60 and DW1670?

I know both use Panasonic chipset, but I am nit certain if it’s the same chip in both devices…
But I will (or someone else :P) try to find it out…

You are welcome, DQ60 & DW1670. :slight_smile:

Sure, if you find out something else just let us know.

BTW, you can also check out this post.

Thanks Pinto! :bow:

@ Pinto,
I can pull my drive apart and get info if it needs to be done, I am not woried about the warranty because this drive will be crossflashed as soon as its possible.

Already did :bigsmile:

Confirmed: Panasonic MN103SA6GSJ.

Now all we need is a BQFlasher like utility to cross flash this drive to a retail Benq 1670.

Need new firmware for this drive, the stock FW of the drive (I/O Magic DD168L) has FW version 100, burn quality is horrible. Can some1 please convert Sony 820A FW version 1.0B to make it compatable for this drive. Liggy and Dee, are you out there?? Please help

Do you have some scans to show why the quality is horrible?

It’s not so much horrible, overall, as it is variable.

Remember to never judge DQ60/DW1670/DRU-820A/GSA-4166B/SW-958*C/PX-750A/DV-W516E quality by BenQ scans. BenQ drives have a cow when they see most burns from these Panasonic-based drives and report way too many PIFs that are simply not there according to Lite-On and Plextor.

You can see a lot of scans of DW1670 burns with firmware 100 here:
http://dvd-r.jpn.org/DW1670/index2.html

I’ve burned 3 media types so far with the OEM 1670 (100 firmware) and scanned with a LiteOn 160P6S and BenQ 1640, and doesn’t really support the claim that the BenQ drives “have a cow.” Here are MCC02RG20 and TYG02.

Here are the YUDEN000T02 results.

:iagree:

You happened to try the ‘easy’ MCC/TY/MXL media. You want to see how they have a cow, go for some CMC or Prodisc -R media. My DRU-820A burns look pathetic when scanned in DW1640.

Ghettocowboy said
"Need new firmware for this drive, the stock FW of the drive (I/O Magic DD168L) has FW version 100, burn quality is horrible. Can some1 please convert Sony 820A FW version 1.0B to make it compatable for this drive. Liggy and Dee, are you out there?? Please help"

On a Macintosh, this drive reads quickly, but burns very slowly! Unsing 16x media, it says it will burn a disk in 3.5 minutes, but then takes 25 minutes!
My old NEC from 2004 (2150A) would at least burn in 6 minutes with 8x media…!

I’m using Roxio toast 7.0

P.S. Wondering if There is/should be a Macintosh user section in this forum!
No Flames please! LOL :wink:

It is not too bad for some cheap media. 1670 seems to like +R better than -R.

• burned 8X in firewire enclosure.
  • scan in DW1640 8X 8ECC.
  • reading curves are all smoothly up to 16X. Did not bother to show.

media 1: CMC AE 1 8X DVD-R (Staples brand)
media 2: CMC E01 8X DVD+R (Staples brand)
media 3: Prodisc F01 8X DVD-R (Fujifilm brand)

Since I don’t use CMC or Prodisc or some cheap-quality media as backups, there would be no need for me to try them. Isn’t the wise suggestion to always use quality media? If these “easy” media is what I use for burns, is it wrong to show results from them?

Sure it is, except… if everybody burned only MCC and TY media, life would be very boring and 90% of the traffic on cdfreaks.com would no longer have a reason to exist.