New firmware for 48246S

vbimport

Lite On has a new version on their download site: Lite On Support .:wink: Direct link: R48SS0C.zip :slight_smile:

lilbuzz

One might think that new media is coming out by an hour. Match more media. Even more than the previous one? Please.

Hey, does this firmware also have the overburning disease? Anyone tried it?

Hiya Guys, flashed this moring with the new firmware, the burning bug has been fixed. befour every disk i did the test on would go up to 99.57.74 now it prints its true limit, like my mr data’s overburn to 85 mins :cool:

damn, the 52246S overburn bug hasn’t been fixed. :frowning:

Originally posted by lemonzest
Hiya Guys, flashed this moring with the new firmware, the burning bug has been fixed. befour every disk i did the test on would go up to 99.57.74 now it prints its true limit, like my mr data’s overburn to 85 mins :cool:

thanx for the info. i’ll flash my burner right away. :bigsmile:

hey, the bug is still there. Overburning simulation completed without any error on an 80 min CD-R upto 89.57 mins. The new firmware SS0C is also plagued by the Overburning disease.

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :a :a :a :a :a :a

i dont see how the bug is still here as i have tryed many diffrent disks, where’s befour ALL would simulate without error up to 99.57.74 i now get diffrent limits. ie my Mr Data branded disks (CMC) burn up to 85 mins, and the bundled Lite-On disks one (74 mins also cmc) burns to 78 mins, and the other a 80min(CMC again does Lite-On always use CMC Media??) one burns to 89, but my ProDisk Brand (black both sides) only burn to 81 Mins. So i think i have run a given the drive a good Simualtion Test. Have you ran an actual burn to see if it does burn to what the simualtion says? i’m going to test later and report back, but i think the bugs gone Bye, Bye’s

@lemonzest: have u tried overburning up to 89 min on that one cd u tested? it seems highly unlikely that an 80 min cd would be able to overburn that high.

Hiya, just back after doing a overburning test on a disk that simulated upto 90 mins(80 min CMC) and it cut out after 86 mins and nero gave an error (burn failed), how much space is needed for the lead out phase?? dosent the overburing test just track the pre-groove and give its total time? so wouldn’t total space be Space-Leadout? or does overburning write over the leadout area??

Try to test overburning with Nero CD Speed, not Nero regular. :slight_smile:

I have easily used the Windows based Liteon flash in the past for my 48246S drive but now when trying the latest S0C flash Windows XP freaks out and reboots. This has never happened before under any circumstance and WXP otherwise is 100% stable under all other conditions.

Any clues as to what is happening??

P.S. All unnecessary application such as antivirus are disabled when I flashed as usual.