New Firmware 1.09?

Someone mentioned this firmware as the new firmware version 1.09 for the Pioneer 107.

http://www2.melcoinc.co.jp/pub/hd/dvmr88fb_fw109.exe

Is this true? He also mentioned that this is the RPC2 version and is working fine for him.

Waouhhhhhh:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

Has someone tested it yet??? The help file is in japanese :rolleyes: and I don’t understand anything…

By the way, that’s great. OC Freaks, you can now use this new firmware for your review or wait for the patched one…:iagree:

PS: It seems that the firmware has been released on 29th january 2004!!! Look at the picture in the help file.

Hmm seems so. Its for a Buffalo DVM-R88FB which looks like an OEM 107. http://buffalo.melcoinc.co.jp/products/catalog/item/d/dvm-r88fb/#spec There’s even some comparison charts favouring it over the NEC ND-2500 showing it to be 15% faster.

I think I’ll wait for the official release though:iagree:

Asked Pioneer if this is the final 1.09 version - not got a reply so far.

Tested it out and this is my findings:

-Still will not write any 4x discs at 8x.
-Still will not write ritek r03 and aml 002 8x DVD+R discs at more than 4x.

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Asked Pioneer if this is the final 1.09 version - not got a reply so far.

Tested it out and this is my findings:

-Still will not write any 4x discs at 8x.
-Still will not write ritek r03 and aml 002 8x DVD+R discs at more than 4x. [/B]

I’d like to upgrade my drive to this new firmware version but is it possible to flash the drive back to firmware v 1.05? Please, say :iagree:

PS: Weird that the 1.09 firmware is dated from 29/01/2004. Why does Pioneer waits so long before releasing it?

Yes by using dvrflash you may flash back to 1.05 :wink:

Check out the sticky thread for links.

I bet it’s like a test version of 1.09 or something. The real thing is probably being finalized.

Originally posted by ChickenHawk
I bet it’s like a test version of 1.09 or something. The real thing is probably being finalized.

No, there will not be multiple versions of 1.09 (normal OEM variations aside), it would make no sense to release different firmwares with exactly the same revision. Test versions of 1.09 would be the ones between 1.05 and 1.09.

[B]Yes by using dvrflash you may flash back to 1.05 :wink:

Check out the sticky thread for links. [/B]

Thanks OC Freak and now… Let’s go!!!:slight_smile: :iagree:

I bet it’s not the real thing if it still doesn’t burn 4x disks at 8x.
But since I am currently researching which DVD burner to buy (torn between NEC 2500A and Pioneer AO7), I found this link at dvdrhelp.com: http://www.dvd-recordable.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1118 This should make all those disks perform at 8x

this firmware is the real thing
its just the oem version
as for the link, its the last firmware not the new 1 (which prob. contains improvement in the write strategy)
i’m just waiting for the rpc1 12x rip & 8x 4 all to come out for 1.09 :slight_smile:

Oh, so this link was for 1.07?

For anyone testing this new firmware, does it seem to solve the problems that have been reported here with RICOHJPNR01 and A07 with previous firmware revisions?

A Kprobe scan of a RICOHJPNR01 disc with the new firmware would be nice :slight_smile:

chikenhawk: I do not think Pioneer will officially support 4x discs at 8x.

Ricohjpnr01 is the same with 1.09 and 1.05 for me.

Ricohjpnr01 is the same with 1.09 and 1.05 for me.

This is a major disappointment.

The Ricoh media is a class act (nearing the quality of Taiyo Yuden IMO), I’m damned if I can understand how the Pioneer botches it up so badly.

How can we report this to Pioneer Central, God knows I’ve reported this to Pioneer Australia, and nothing has changed.

The second time I reported it, the tech support emailed me back, and said “If you’re having problems, then use different media”.

So OC-Freak, are you ready to start reviewing the AO7 now that the firmware is out? I’m depending on this review as to whether or not I buy this burner or the 2500A.

Yep I’m reviewing it now.

But I’m very busy this week and next weekend with other personal stuff so I can’t promise when it will be finished. Probably late next week.

I look forward to the review.

Off topic: Which burner do you primarily use OC-Freak? just curious

Originally posted by ChickenHawk
[B]I look forward to the review.

Off topic: Which burner do you primarily use OC-Freak? just curious [/B]

I do not write much stuff for private use actually. Quite strange, heh? :stuck_out_tongue:

Having 11 DVD-Writers and not writing anything useful with them…

The few times I’ve written discs for myself depends on the discs and use.

Not so important stuff: Princo 1x at 2x with Pioneer DVR-106D (nice result: PI avg less than 10 and PO avg less than 0.1).

Important stuff: Taiyo Yuden 4x at 4x with NEC ND-2500A

In a hurry: Ricohjpnr01 4x at 8x in NU TECH DDW-081.

And for CD-R discs: The KING of CD-R writing: LTR-52327S

…so I’ve written about 400-500 DVDR discs just for testing purposes…full of garbage data…mostly created using the NERO CD-Speed create data disc option.

My sister now uses them as wall decorators - looks quite strange :slight_smile:

So yes - I’ve wasted media for several hundred Euros just for your pleasure (yes - I have to pay everything out of my own pocket).

Jackass-pioneer used to deamnd royalties(prob still do) so you will never see overclocking of media from a pioneer.
Luckily pioneer firmwares get patched very quickly.

I own a toshiba dvd rom and I have had read speeds of 15x with ritek GO4’s burnt at 8x,the graph ain’t pretty near the end jumping from 15x to 10x constantly but I put that down to the sheer speed of it’s reading that any minor error will be magnified greatly.
Fantastic drive,maybe one day a patch will be released allowing 8x4all with + media but the coding is different making it difficult.