New Exact Audio Copy 0.95prebeta5 released

vbimport

You can download it here.

Changelog:

• Added a function for removing gaps that are e.g. created by TAO recording freedb ID can be used for filename creation
  • Extented M3U files with additional song information are always created
  • AccurateRip support
  • EAC is able to test the return value of an external encoder (if supported by the external application)
  • Added some more LAME DLL presets
  • Fixed several bugs and some minor additions

ET

can’t get the accurate rip to work grrrr

Originally posted by damiandimitri

can’t get the accurate rip to work grrrr
Do you have any of the mentioned [COLOR=blue]here discs to test it ?

If a CD is contained in the AccurateRip database,
EAC will show a AccurateRip logo in the bottom-right corner of the main window

Edit Oh, btw, before I forgot.
EAC 0.95 pb5 was developed with the support of the author of dBpower AMP Music Convertor mentioned [/COLOR]here

“to install it into EAC, you need to drop the AccurateRip.dll in the EAC directory (or in a directory where windows searches for DLLs). EAC should then recognize the plugin automatically. You can easily find out whether EAC has loaded AccurateRip by looking at the bottom right corner (beside the playback control)”

hey guys i don’t ge it i put the dll into the eac directory but nothin happens.

“(or in a directory where windows searches for DLLs)”
i don’t know what this means either.

plz need ur help.

ty BoSkin,

i just discovered it myself

as usual…

i read to fast and thought it worked with every cd. But afther reading their list i found 3 cd’s (afther 2 hours) that could be jused to adjust accurate-rip

Originally posted by kool_man

hey guys i don’t ge it i put the dll into the eac directory but nothin happens.

Yeah, the same with me, I just forgot to mention it yesterday.

i have 3 key discs
i put in each of them it says it needs to configure and when i do i get 3 diffrent values.
i aa confused here :confused:
plz help!

Originally posted by kool_man

i have 3 key discs
i put in each of them it says it needs to configure and when i do i get 3 diffrent values.

Out of my 5 discs mentioned in the DB list only 1 has been “recognized” as ‘Key Disc’.

I’ve no clue what’s going on there, hence I cannot help you w that.

Hello,

I just joined the forum and here’s something I can add.

I have successfully (I think) configured the Accurate Rip function for the new EAC prebeta 5. To do it, download and install the database and the main program to your program files and, as the EAC documentation says, copy the AccurateRip.dll to your EAC directory or folder.

Then run EAC. But you have to configure it with three CDs if your drive is not on the list of recognized drives. Mine (a Lucky Goldstar 8160B) isn’t. And here’s the thing. Not only does your program have to “recognize” at least three CDs on the list, it has to find at least three CDs that provide the SAME offset readings.

In my case that meant I had to go through 25 (!!) CDs before I could configure it. Actually, EAC/AccurateRip recognized six CDs but only three had the same readings.

Once you get everything up and running you will notice a multi-colored disc at the bottom right of the EAC program.

One other way to save time: The list of CDs is not really alphabetical at all. For example, Neil Young is listed both under “N” for Neil and “Y” for Young. In fact, a lot of the CDs seem to be listed by the artist’s first name.

I suggest you just read through the list and write down the CDs you have and then go get some of them> I’m sure you won’t need 25 as I did, but I feel you will need more than three because of all the different pressings that CD are sold under.

Good luck. And happy ripping!

I had only 2 cd’s. ANd when i inserted the first cd , a second time it all seemed to work.

You might try that also

I had only 2 cd’s. ANd when i inserted the first cd , a second time it all seemed to work.

LOL. The same here.

What’s amazing here is that I’ve now tried over 20+ albums from the ( crappy, in fact ! ) list
and only 2 of them have been “recognized” - Dave Matthews Band and A. Morissette.
The names like Genesis, Peter Gabriel, America, Dire Straits, The Cars, Men At Work, Metallica,
Led Zeppelin, Paul Carrack, Rammstein, Sara McLachlan, Barbra Streisand…on and on… all have failed.
What’s wrong with my CDs and how did they do their list ?

Of course, the AccurateRip logo only appears when I insert the 2 “passed” CDs.
What is the point with all that then ?

to be honest…

i don’t think it isn’t of any use right now…aslong we don’t have a 'realtime" check. Now you can only see if you ripped it like other people do.

you can already trick the software by using the same disk over and over to “calibrate”.

I think i stick just with the eac features to make secure rips

ps
LoL, All my disk were rejected also the first time i inserted them (the ones on the list).

sorry but accurate rip is only to detect the offset?

and how can i use with eac?
what have i do?

hi,
to be honest i expected much more form this feature, and i can hardly configure it.
i tried over 30 cd’s
and only 4 of them work but all 4 show diff. values.
i think by the time a person configures accurip. it will be come extinct:bigsmile:

hry guys,
how did u configure accurip with one keydisc,:confused:
i wanted to know, coz i couldn’t

Originally posted by mantra
sorry but accurate rip is only to detect the offset?

I didn’t try EAC+Accurate Rip yet, but Accurate rip is the most secure way of ripping that exists. It compares CRC of different extractions of the same CD, but instead of doing it between two of your rips, like EAC does with the “test and copy” option, it compares it between different users. To do this, it needs to have other people’s CRC in its database already.

@Pio2001
thanks!

But have I to download often the database ?
or accurate rip grabs from the net?

didn’t try EAC+Accurate Rip yet, but Accurate rip is the most secure way of ripping that exists. It compares CRC of different extractions of the same CD, but instead of doing it between two of your rips, like EAC does with the “test and copy” option, it compares it between different users. To do this, it needs to have other people’s CRC in its database already.

PIO, hows does it do that…if it is that secure…can it it adjust eac settings while ripping? I had the idea it just tells you that the rip is ok or not, compared to other people.
Aslong it doesn’t adjust the settings in a complex software like eac…i don’t think it helps much. IT is not good to have a check aftherwards i guess…i hope there will be a check someday that test quality while ripping…soemthing like a long hashcode/per song.

Wouldn’t it be eassier to rip a cd twice (with test and rip) and check the CRC checksum that is created from both rips…i guess that is the same method as Acurate rip does.

it just tells you that the rip is ok or not, compared to other people.
I don’t see why I should rely on some ppl’s results ? I trust my own HW and SW like PlexTools.

It’s a looooooooooooong way to go until the DB gets matured and one can get something useful out of it.
Since my own music collection has nothing in common w that infant and mainstream DB,
the idea of so called ‘Accurate Rip’ seems worthless to me.
Just a gimmick that would attract some users’ attention.

must agree with that…or i am missing the big picture.

i liked the idea…when i first saw it…but perhaps the software needs some time… But checking afther wards has no use when you don’t know how to adjust eac to get the right quality