New enthusiast DVD writer coming soon

I just posted the article New enthusiast DVD writer coming soon.

The new drive has some fascinating features:
Not only has the maximum write speed been pushed to an incredible 26x (unfortunately read speed is 20x only), the drive is also supposed to support various disc labeling technologies including Lightscribe and Labelflash.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/new-enthusiast-dvd-writer-coming-soon-27892/](http://www.myce.com/news/new-enthusiast-dvd-writer-coming-soon-27892/)

Feel free to add your comments below. 

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

“We chose this material in order to insure perfect recyclability and to minimize the usage of oil, which is getting rare in the near future”

Geez, how much oil did the old drives need? LOL.

Borger King. Have it our way. Your way is irrelevant.

Sounds like an April Fool’s Day article.

[QUOTE=KTL;2506476]Sounds like an April Fool’s Day article.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, now that you mention it…

Hint #1 - Author is HDwhizz. Who?
Hint #2 - APR = April?
Hint #3 - No source link in the story.
Hint #4 - 1.5 kg = 3.3 lbs !!!
Hint #5 - No Google results for IL-2010.

Conclusion: April Fools’ Day.

Always remember that you’re unique, just like everyone else.

Ok, scratch my April Fools comment from previous article, this sounds much more like it…! (Hadn’t read this article yet when made previous comment)

Since the Plextor 716s … I’ve been looking in vain for a better industrial burner to assemble our duplicators with here in Canada. Could this be it ??

I guess we’ll see huh?

APR IL-2010

Good one, eh?

Lame joke.

Might as well say pies are about 2010 and pifs are 401 on average, just to spice it up a bit!

[QUOTE=tmc8080;2506651]Might as well say pies are about 2010 and pifs are 401 on average, just to spice it up a bit![/QUOTE]

What? … Seriously, what?

Bad spellers of the world, Untie !!

hi there can anyone tell me where i can buy ancient 5.5 floppies ??? it would be a miracle dont you think april 1 .

[QUOTE=murray_bredin;2507074]hi there can anyone tell me where i can buy ancient 5.5 floppies ??? .[/QUOTE]Ebay? :bigsmile:

Ancient Floppies? A guy in Worcester, MA, USA had several cases of them.

Never existed…
Of course 5.25" does exist.

Soooo, this is a joke, right, right…
It does sound kinda cool, with the exception of the 5.25" floppy.

3" does exist too. 5.5" never.

5.5" never existed, but the story talks about a 5.25" drive, which most definitely did exist.

But it seems implausible that they’d use 5.25" when they can license more recent/common formats, that would actually have cheaper manufacturing costs, due to economies of scale.

Still, the author never said “happy April fools”, so I want to “wish upon a star” that something like this might be on it’s way :slight_smile:

This was an APRIL FOOLS story!!! :wink: