New dvdfab error?

HI all

I am using dvdfabplatinum version 5.2.3.0 and am having a problem with all season 3 dscs of the wire.

The problem is this:

DVDfab platinum will copy the discs to the dvdfab folder, but will not open the files to write them on a dvd disc.

The only way around this is to set the writer as the defualt output, so the file is written to disc straight after. However, once the discs are complete, dvd fab crashes when it tries to open them as well.

If I don’t burn to disc straight away, it is impossible for me to open them to even customise, take the main movie, or as stated above, write them to disc.

This only happens on season 3, but on no other. I have borrowed 2 boxsets of season 3 and the same thing happens regardless of what version of fabplatinum I use.

Is this a new error that anyone else has experienced? I am using the pal boxset region 2 and enabled pathplayer.

I than you in advance for any support you can give.

I recall reading the other two threads you started for this issue :frowning:
you do know that mutable posting of the same issue/problem/statement is not within our forum rules don’t you or have you even read them :confused:
one thread is enough and if another member is able to help they will reply to it :wink:

Have a nice day :flower:

I understand what you are saying and won’t post any more duplicate threads.

I do find it strange that no one on the forum has responded to the problem it’self. In terms of a yes you need to do this… Or never encountered this problem so contact the …team etc.

If there is anyone that can sign post me to a source of help, that would be nice. As a long term user of this site, if no one responds, what would you reccomend?

[quote=THE ROCK;2199152]I understand what you are saying and won’t post any more duplicate threads.

I do find it strange that no one on the forum has responded to the problem it’self. In terms of a yes you need to do this… Or never encountered this problem so contact the …team etc.

If there is anyone that can sign post me to a source of help, that would be nice. As a long term user of this site, if no one responds, what would you reccomend?[/quote]
I am very sorry no one has replied to your thread please understand that of us who are on the help squad are members like yourself and sometimes get wrapped up in so many other issues that members are have, note we do this on our own time and sometimes stay up many hours just to help friends we have met here at CD Freaks.

Anyway to your issue at hand, if you are able to back up other seasons disc but having problems with a particular set, and you have made sure that there is no damage or other artifacts on the playing surface then it could be that DVDFab is having a problem understanding the structure of the disc.

You can help Fengtao(the author) resolve the problem by send the IFO files, I have posted a link below give the info on how to do this.
and I’m sure he will look into the problem

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1887290-post1.html

ROCK
The link stormjumper posted will still work but was posted before the “Send IFO” feature was improved. Just let DVDFab analyze the disc, then click on the green checkmark, which will bring up the Info page. Click on the Send IFO button (while connected to the internet) and the files will be uploaded to the DVDFab authors. Problems like you experienced are not common but do happen with some TV episode discs.

Thanks stormjumper and signals. I really appreciate your help. Will follow the instructions to send log to the author. Once I have had a response and the problems hopefully fixed, I will inform you.

Until then, thanks again.

THE ROCK just to let you know why I not help is I have not done any season episodes discs yet and figured I would leave it to another member/user who has done them. Anyway glad that SJ and signals helped you out

Hi all

I posted “the wire” logs to fentago some two weeks ago and they just responded a few days ago. They said there seems to be some new protection on these seasons and said they are analysing.

So if a new version of dvdfab comes out with a copy protection update for the wire, you know it’s been sorted.

Take care