New!DVDFab 9.1.5.0 is out (May 30, 2014)

vbimport

New!DVDFab 9.1.5.0 is out (May 30, 2014)

http://www.dvdfab.cn/download.htm

New: Added support to new DVD discs.
New: Added support to convert to mkv/mp4 format without outputting chapter info in Ripper. (Advanced Settings->Unmark “Reserve Chapter Info” option).
Fix: A failure problem while DVDFab detecting IQS GPU on Intel® Atom™ Processor Z3740.
Fix: A black menu problem when playing back the copied DVDs under Full Disc mode in certain cases.
Fix: A failure problem when converting DVD folder sources in certain cases.
Fix: A wrongtimestampproblem when playing back the DVD converted mkv.passthroughfiles by VLC.
Fix: A problem that the converted videos have sound only on left channel during playbackin certain cases.
Fix: A freeze problem when converting file sourceswith mkv.passthrough profile in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when using command line in certain cases.
Fix: Some minor changes and improvements.

Thanks for bringing this over bfwk122.

Thanks for the Link bfwk122

THX fore the info, bfwk122!:slight_smile:
Time to update…:bigsmile:

Regrettably, this update will not decrypt Blu-ray discs for US downloads. For more information, please see this FAQ on the product website http://www.dvdfab.cn/how_to_do_disc_decryption_faq.htm#how_to_faq or contact the Service Team via email using the Support link on the website. This applies only to US downloads.

This really blows. I bought a lifetime license, and now I can no longer get updates.

Users note: If you install this “update” you will have 2 completely separate installations. The old one that works and the new one that doesn’t.

Same here. Looks like I’ll have to look into AnyDVD, which is still updating. In the meantime, I won’t be upgrading to 9.1.5.0 or any later version. I understand why they’re doing what they’re doing, but I still feel like I got screwed big time (with no lube).

What will happen if you guys download it from another source?
If DvdFab checks your localization settings AFTER install and then disables it’s decrypter,you’re screwed…OTOH,if the downloadserver only checks your IP to see if you’re from the US,I’m shure you can get the right 1 through other channels…

And if I remember correctly,DVDFab promised that existing customers should still have access to all features they bought…:eek:

Do any of you actually think that DVD Fab wanted to do this, it hurts them a lot more than you, if you have followed the story, I would think our members could be a bit more compassionate. Complain to the AACS-LA, they are the ones that screwed you, not DVD Fab.:slight_smile:

I said I understood why they did it, and I know where the blame ultimately lies, thank you, but sorry, my compassion went out the window with the several hundred dollars I paid for the lifetime all-in-one license that now only gets me a crippled product. Give me back my money and I’ll give you more compassion than you can handle. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=MJPollard;2728656]I said I understood why they did it, and I know where the blame ultimately lies, thank you, but sorry, my compassion went out the window with the several hundred dollars I paid for the lifetime all-in-one license that now only gets me a crippled product. Give me back my money and I’ll give you more compassion than you can handle. :)[/QUOTE]
Money cant buy my compassion, but common sense would gain my respect.:slight_smile:

US customers with lifetime licenses are now forced, if they want to continue to have fully decrypting versions of DVDFab, to obtain them from a different source (like from a buddy not living in the US or by other means) so they can get non US versions. People are going to figure out ways to do it. This move is going to force DVDFab underground for US customers.

For the record, DVD capabilities are unchanged in the US version.

FWIW, the link in the first post of this thread downloads a different installer than the download available if you go to the download page. It does not install to a separate folder like the “US” version does. That raises some interesting questions. I didn’t run it because I don’t want to over-write my working version of 9146.

You are right CDan, this has been corrected.

Can someone explain what’s going on? I have a lifetime license for dvd and not bluray. I’m running 9.1.2.8.

Then for you, nothing is going on! DVDFab has been sued in a US Federal court and must comply with an injunction but it does not impact DVD functions at all, just Blu-ray. The version you are using is outadted, but if it is working well for you you can continue with it. There have been some important updates that you will probably want sooner or later.