New!DVDFab 9.0.3.9 Beta is out

vbimport

Known issue, DVD Copy/Ripper: The “+” button can’t open a DVD Volume or folder from your HDD in some cases, however you can drag and drop it into the window to open it normally. ISOs open normally with the “+” button.

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA

New!DVDFab 9.0.3.9 Beta is out (May 10, 2013)

New: Added support for new Java protections.
New: Added support for no menu mode in DVD Creator, and added new template for it.
New: Some minor changes and improvements.
Fix: Virtual drive of DAEMON Tools doesn’t work.
Fix: A problem that profiles uses too much memory.
Fix: A crash problem at start-up in certain cases.
Fix: A crash problem when installing in certain cases.
Fix: A problem that the setting of CPU cores is wrong in certain cases.
Fix: A problem that the copy speed is very slow in DVD Copy.
Fix: A crash problem when copying Blu-ray 3D disc to BD25 in certain cases, such as: “The Twilight Saga Breaking Dawn Part 2”.

Thanks Alan. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

This program is actually getting better and better, aside from the normal encryptions that have to be updated on a continuous basis I find it very easy to use and the results are excellent. V9 is a big step forward, and thanks to your review and guide its even more fun.:bow:

I just tried the new version, and nothing has changed, the Proxy Server feature does NOT work.

I got a response back from DVDFab last night, and the person responding did not understand me at all.

They actually sent me my email and password to their web site, thinking that this is what should go into the DVDFab username and password fields in their ‘configure proxy access to the Internet’ dialog.

The username and password are for the proxy server, and have nothing to do with DVDFab.

They asked me if I could reach their web site thru Proxy, and FireFox can do this easily, as it’s not blocked and understands how to use a Proxy Server.

I sent them images for both FireFox’s Proxy setup and DVDFab’s, and hopefully their tech support will route me to someone who understands Proxy Servers a bit more.

My guess is that they used some open source or 3rd party dll for connecting to a proxy server, without fully understanding how it works, as … as I mentioned, it never even attempts to connect thru the Proxy (I’d see the attempt whether it passed or failed).

It DOES attempt to use a broadcast address (not a specific computer’s ip address, but the address used to query ALL the computers in a a network) for Port 137 NETBIOS Name Service - which is generally used to see what network shares exist (never needed by an application that just wants to connect thru the Proxy to the Internet). This is not good.

Hopefully this will get resolved quickly. DVDFab’s developers are top notch, but … possibly only in their field of expertise, and not in network connectivity?

I well understand this problem, especially when I try things outside MY area of expertise. You can only wear so many hats.

Hopefully this will get resolved quickly. DVDFab’s developers are top notch, but … possibly only in their field of expertise, and not in network connectivity?

I well understand this problem, especially when I try things outside MY area of expertise. You can only wear so many hats.

I think you hit the nail on the head, and plus there might be a language barrier also, they might not understand exactly what you are asking. But that is just my assumption. It may not be the case at all.

Alan - the first tech support person you talk with is always at the low end of the food chain. Someone at DVDFab can understand what I’ve been saying, so the issue just needs to get to the right person.

The proxy code is available in FireFox’s open source, so … I’m sure they can figure this out when they become aware of it, as examples are not hard to find.

Surprising they didn’t seem to test the feature though - as with v9, the inability to connect prevents one from even using the software for DVDs (which don’t need bluRay keys).

I do have another concern, and as there are no private msgs (that I’m aware of), I posted on your visitor messages.

[QUOTE=ConfusedNeophyte;2687376]Alan - the first tech support person you talk with is always at the low end of the food chain. Someone at DVDFab can understand what I’ve been saying, so the issue just needs to get to the right person.

The proxy code is available in FireFox’s open source, so … I’m sure they can figure this out when they become aware of it, as examples are not hard to find.

Surprising they didn’t seem to test the feature though - as with v9, the inability to connect prevents one from even using the software for DVDs (which don’t need bluRay keys).

I do have another concern, and as there are no private msgs (that I’m aware of), I posted on your visitor messages.[/QUOTE]
If you feel like moving to Beijing I am sure they could use a man with your expertise. But as you said, there are so many variables, so many browsers to test, these programs usually never get to a point where they are 100% . They are always in a beta state for one reason or another, its the luck of the draw whether they get around to your problem in a responsible manner. I know your issue, I know its important to you, but look at this forum and their forum, has anyone else brought it up? They always go to the most problematic fixes first, I am sure they will get around to your issue, I just do not know when . When you look at the program as a whole its pretty good, absolutely up there with the best, but you are correct, this should have been addressed before this.
My private messages work fine at this forum, you can always reach out to me for help. That’s why I am here.