New!DVDFab 9.0.3.1 Qt Beta is out (March 19, 2013)

New!DVDFab 9.0.3.1 Qt Beta is out
New!DVDFab 9.0.3.1 Qt Beta is out

http://www.dvdfab.com/mlink/download.php?g=DVDFAB9_BETA

New!DVDFab 9.0.3.1 Qt Beta is out (March 19, 2013)

New: Updated profiles for new device.
New: Added support for some special DVD discs.
Fix: A crash problem when clicking the upward arrow of queue.
Fix: A problem that cannot switch the output mode to DVD5 or DVD9 in Blu-ray to DVD.
Fix: A problem that the converted .mp4 and .m4v files cannot be played on iTunes and QuickTime.
Fix: A graph 0 error problem when ripping Blu-ray to mp4 profiles.
Fix: A crash problem when ripping to Apple profiles with special DVD source, such as: TOM_AND_JERRY_VOL1.
Fix: A filter failed problem when converting with .mov files as source.
Fix: A problem when setting the color of subtitle, it does not work in DVD Creator.

Thanks Alan. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Does it work with windows 8?

[QUOTE=midnightmike;2681598]Does it work with windows 8?[/QUOTE]

I don’t have Windows 8 myself but according to the DVDFab people it’s fully supported.

[B]Wombler[/B]

It’s great that the program doesn’t crash every time the source disc is changed, but…

• It still reports volume sizes incorrectly for subsequent discs after the first (will report DVD9-sized volumes as able to fit 100% on DVD5 media). Probably have to toggle between full disc and main movie mode to “clear” the incorrect information.

• It still does not check for the presence of blank media in a destination drive before ejecting the drive after the first successful burn. So, when you remove a disc that has been burned, then put in a blank disc, the software will open the drive without checking if it contains blank media. This bug began with version 9.

• It randomly attempts to access the destination drive, interrupting the user while volume name, audio tracks, and subtitles are being edited prior to a rip.

• From one burn to the next, it cannot “remember” what the destination drive is and reverts to the first drive in a computer, no mater what type of drive it is. For example, after every burn, the software switches the destination drive to my CD R/W drive, because it has the letter E, while my DVD drives are F and G. This bug started with version 9.

But, hey, at least it’s not crashing all the time.

Useful info there teh roxxors.

Always a good idea to report these sorts of things here as they do get noticed.

[B]Wombler[/B]

skyfall does not work in dvd to dvd beta. output does not see dvd disks.
Non beta version works,

Blu Ray to Dvd does not work in Dvd 9.0.3.1 Beta. However it does work in Dvd 9.0.2.8

I know it’s partly because i don’t do change well, but I really don’t like the new gui/interface in 9.

Right now my go to version is what I think is the last NON QT of 8 (8.0.8.5), & I still also use 2.9.6.9 Gold along with ??? for some splits.

• It still reports volume sizes incorrectly for subsequent discs after the first (will report DVD9-sized volumes as able to fit 100% on DVD5 media). Probably have to toggle between full disc and main movie mode to “clear” the incorrect information.

This is the worst of the lot I see right now. I thought this had been addressed, but it surely has not. Anyone not aware of this bug may be getting highly transcoded rips while thinking everything’s golden. I always use another program to resize anything under 90% or so.

When ripping more than one disc, be sure to toggle between Main Movie and Full Disc to get an accurate read on space requirements.