New DVDFab 6 speed competitor: Windows Explorer

I have one of the (most?) fast blu-ray drives on the market, the Pioneer BDR-203BK. Per the instructions that came with the drive, I can get a possible theoretical transfer speed of 36MB/s.

Well, I haven’t seen any such speed so far, but I’ve noticed that read speeds with DVDFab 6.0.1.0 are an exceedingly slow 1.5-4.35MB/s on a regular basis. This is acceptable when blu-ray discs (pretty much the only thing I’ve been ripping for the past few weeks) have theatrical/director’s cut m2ts splitting going on and I’d like to avoid having to splice all the pieces up together myself, but when its just a solid m2ts file to rip, DVDFab just doesn’t cut it. For comparison, I also have AnyDVD. I switch out of DVDFab, open AnyDVD, and then copy the decrypted m2ts from the STREAM folder at an astounding 9.5-10MB/s. Unlike DVDFab’s speed, this is a pretty consistent, regular speed for this method.

10MB/s vs. 4.5MB/s, in most cases. There are the rare occasions where DVDFab will speed up to the top speed, but I’m wondering exactly what is choking DVDFab speed here? I can post system stats but I doubt they’ll affect much because this is a completely top-notch system.

:bow: Bump.

[QUOTE=NLA;2295351]:bow: Bump.[/QUOTE]

Don’t know enough about Blu-ray yet (but I’m learning), but as far as Fab goes, Blu-Ray is a work in progress…I imagine Fengtao is going to get the copy protections worked out before he tweaks the copy speed (simple matter of priorities…there’s more people screaming for that than for the speed).

So all I can suggest is to sit tight for the moment…all will be resolved in the more or less near future.

OC

:slight_smile:

Hi NLA,

Please try DVDFab 6019 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-6-0-1-9-beta-out-277772/

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I do notice that some DVD’s rip faster than others. I wonder why that is. I’ve noticed that DVD’s that are 4 gigs or less rip @ lightning speed. Like 15 or 16 MBPS while most peak out @ 7-9.

[QUOTE=maddog707;2296857]I do notice that some DVD’s rip faster than others. I wonder why that is. I’ve noticed that DVD’s that are 4 gigs or less rip @ lightning speed. Like 15 or 16 MBPS while most peak out @ 7-9.[/QUOTE]

Rip speed, for DVDs and Blu-Ray, is a combo of CPU speed, the bit rate the disc was mastered at, and the ‘readability’ of the disc itself by your drive (and no two drives and/or discs are exactly the same).

A simplified answer, but more would get too technical.

OC

:slight_smile: