New DVD writer

vbimport

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2785195]I did and the burns with iHAS 122 scan worse than the ones with SH-224BB.

All burns with ImgBurn.[/QUOTE]

I think it must be problem with your iHAS 122 because lite on drive is good to burning verbatim disc.

Do you have update the firmware ?

Do you have make decision which new drive you would buy ?

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2785200]I think it must be problem with your iHAS 122 because lite on drive is good to burning verbatim disc.

Do you have update the firmware ?

Do you have make decision which new drive you would buy ?[/QUOTE]

I think the problem is with the media and not the drive.

There has not been a firmware update for iHAS122 B for a long time.

I have not decided but probably a Liteon iHAS124 or iHAS324.

[QUOTE=kyrcy;2785210]I think the problem is with the media and not the drive.

There has not been a firmware update for iHAS122 B for a long time.

I have not decided but probably a Liteon iHAS124 or iHAS324.[/QUOTE]

I had see many scan of verbatim made in UAE in this forum the scan result is good.

You could choose verbatim made in UAE. In my country it was not available and Verbatim made in taiwan is available here but I wasn’t interested to buy it because it expensive and the quality wasn’t good as the cheap Maxell made in taiwan.

[QUOTE=rainydiary;2785211]I had see many scan of verbatim made in UAE in this forum the scan result is good.

You could choose verbatim made in UAE. In my country it was not available and Verbatim made in taiwan is available here but I wasn’t interested to buy it because it expensive and the quality wasn’t good as the cheap Maxell made in taiwan.[/QUOTE]

The only Verbatim media made in UAE I can find locally are the waterproof printable DVD-R which are very expensive and it seems that the last few months new Verbatim stock was not the usual made in Taiwan but made in India which I try to avoid.

The Verbatim DVD±R made in India (by Moser Baer) can be very good. These days on average they’re certainly as good as those made by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan, if not better.

But from both sources the quality does vary significantly (unlike those made by FTI in UAE). That said, the worst made in India +R discs I’ve had were much better than the worst CMC Magnetics. I don’t recall ever having to send a made in India pack back because they were unusable. (Did have to send one pack back because of purple dye stains on the white printable surface. A shame as the quality was very good.)

Of the two widely available sources, the printable +R from India seem to be the most consistent quality.

[QUOTE=Ibex;2785221]The Verbatim DVD±R made in India (by Moser Baer) can be very good. These days on average they’re certainly as good as those made by CMC Magnetics in Taiwan, if not better.

But from both sources the quality does vary significantly (unlike those made by FTI in UAE). That said, the worst made in India +R discs I’ve had were much better than the worst CMC Magnetics. I don’t recall ever having to send a made in India pack back because they were unusable. (Did have to send one pack back because of purple dye stains on the white printable surface. A shame as the quality was very good.)

Of the two widely available sources, the printable +R from India seem to be the most consistent quality.[/QUOTE]
I only tested some DVD-R MII discs (Matt Silver 50 Pack Wrap Spindle #43788) and I would not call them good or better than the MIT ones. They seem to have a more consistent range of PI errors usually from around 50 to above 100, but I found out that when performing a data transfer speed test, reading slows down considerably at the end of the disc. I have seen a similar behaviour with MIT discs when they are burned at low speeds (4-8x), but about 30% of the MII discs I burned so far have this issue regardless of the burning speed.

Nice topic. I had LG GH24NS95 before and would avoid it due to the problem of colorful circle rings on the disc.
Lite-on is good for disc quality scanning and pioneer is best for writing.