New DVD Rom Player

vbimport

Hey guys, I want to buy a new dvd rom player.
I was thinking about a Pioneer 120S, but pioneer site says:

Playable DVD discs (disc format) DVD-ROM, DVD-Video, DVD-R, DVD-RW (not DVD-RAM)
Playable CD discs (disc format) CD-R, CD-RW, CD-DA, CD-ROM XA, Video CD, CD-EXTRA, CD-TEXT

So DVD+R and DVD+RW arent supported :frowning:

is there a really good drive that supports both?

one of the main reasons is im having some trouble with my current player which is an Creative 12x40x
also a friend of mine burned a dvd+rw and burned it as a multi session dvd withouth closing it.
The 3rd InfoTool screen is his dvd-rom player.

now i cant read the thing and he can another friend of mine can also read it, but someone from work cant :frowning:

here is some InfoTool info :wink:

Mine is the top one, the one below is the one from “another friend”, aka Oraijon

It’s weird he can read it (I think its weird), cause its a DVD+RW?
So will the 120S be able to read a DVD+RW anyway?

Pioneer does not support the DVD+R(W) format, and I think you’ll never see a DVD+R(W) Pioneer burner…

Originally posted by vio_man
Pioneer does not support the DVD+R(W) format, and I think you’ll never see a DVD+R(W) Pioneer burner…

Oh really? :bigsmile:

What in the world is that DVD12x2h? Is it an OEM Lite-ON LTD-122? If Pioneer never claims that the drive can read +R/RW, then don’t expect it to do so…

probably the liteon dribe yes :slight_smile:
but both those two pics claim not to be able to read DVD+R(W) and they both can, only mine can’t read it

can it be because its an open multisession dvd?
its data and not a movie

and im looking for a player that is a really good drive to read cd/dvds and is able to read that DVD+R(W)