New DVD-RAM Driver for Win7 and GSA-4163B

Hi there. The last time I needed your help was in 2005! And you were very helpful, thanks.

Now, I still have the LG GSA 4613B DVD-RAM Drive, which you helped me to get working as a RAM Drive, and it still works well on my XP pc, with the DVD RAM Driver v.4.0.7.0, DVDForm, which you told me about. dvd

However, I have got a new pc with Windows 7 Pro, 64bit on it, and am planning to move the DVDDrive into it. I’m pretty sure that it will need a new driver to enable it to accept RAM discs as drives.

I have searched the net, with no success. Can any of you tell me if there is a driver, one for Vista would probably work if there isn;t one for Win 7.

Thanks for your help,

Ruth

I believe that win7 should be able to handle dvd-ram without any other software, i will try it tommorrow and post the result here.

Thanks, look forward to your findings,

Ruth

Hi,[QUOTE=Ruth;2472571]Can any of you tell me if there is a driver, one for Vista would probably work if there isn;t one for Win 7.[/QUOTE]UDF write support (that’s why you installed the Panasonic drivers on your XP box) should work out-of the-box in Vista and Windows 7, if I understood this article correctly: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Which-CD-or-DVD-format-should-I-use

Michael

Hi Michael,

That’s so helpful, yes I think it sounds as if it should just work. Here’s hoping…

no reason to hope, when people tell you facts. you don’t need any magic drivers

Just in case that the OP still want to know, Windows 7 work without any drivers for dvd-ram.