New DVD protection? if so any way around it?

vbimport

Well I have 2 DVD’s that came out on DVD this past Tuesday (3/11/08) and I had trouble burning both. I use DVDShrink and DVD Decryptor. With one of the DVD’s Decryptor found a bad sector and couldnt decrypt it. I have heard rumblings about a more advanced copy protection. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?

Welcome broc0128,

I moved your thread to our copy dvd movie forum. What are the titles of these two discs?

p.s. dvd decrypter hasn’t been updated for quite some time so it can’t decrypt new dvd titles without extra help.

Bee Movie and Dan in Real Life

[QUOTE=broc0128;2017883]Well I have 2 DVD’s that came out on DVD this past Tuesday (3/11/08) and I had trouble burning both. I use DVDShrink and DVD Decryptor. With one of the DVD’s Decryptor found a bad sector and couldnt decrypt it. I have heard rumblings about a more advanced copy protection. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?[/QUOTE]

well first you need to get dvdfab hd decryptor located here http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm it a free program. use it to rip to hdd then use dvdshrink to finish. You can also try dvdfab platinum, it has a free trial and was able to backup both movies.

[QUOTE=broc0128;2017883]Well I have 2 DVD’s that came out on DVD this past Tuesday (3/11/08) and I had trouble burning both. I use DVDShrink and DVD Decryptor. With one of the DVD’s Decryptor found a bad sector and couldnt decrypt it. I have heard rumblings about a more advanced copy protection. Does anyone know if there is a way around this?[/QUOTE]

It would be nice if the users here know what region the dvd are and what the titles are for the DVD…DVDs are constantly coming out and that could be any dvds…But you didn’t give specs on your drive and what kinda media you are using…also is your software the latest as well as your drive firmware??

Other than when I use ripit4me and dvd decrypter is used in conjunction with it,
haven’t used DD alone since it stopped updates almost 2 yrs ago.

Free dvdFab does job and you don’t need to use shrink.
[which also hasn;t been updated in as long…]

rago88, DVD Shrink can still be used to compress (if the user needed to) as you will get better quality from a DVD Shrink output than a DVDFab one.

I know…

I still use Shrink whenever I use Ripit4me…

As far as better compression, I don’t know.
Never compared the 2…

Hello All,
Cold day in Canada!

It is always a cold day in Canada.