New DVD player only plays DVDXCopy disks

vbimport

I got the Panasonic XP50 beause I thought it was supposed to be very good at reading computer media and it is also a kick butt DVD player. When I insert a disk that is made with DVD Decripter, DVD2One, and Nero it will not play. All of my DVDXCopy disk appear to work fine. What is up with this? Is it Nero’s fault or DVD2One’s fault?

I’d put money on Nero.

/MLS

Originally posted by MLS
[B]I’d put money on Nero.

/MLS [/B]

It is looking like that may be the problem. I might have to just use DVDXCopy for everything now.

And exactly which version of Nero are you using? Can the DVD you made w/ DVD Decripter, DVD2One, and Nero play in the DVD-ROM or the DVD Writer?

Originally posted by Stoner
Can the DVD you made w/ DVD Decripter, DVD2One, and Nero play in the DVD-ROM or the DVD Writer?

Yes it will play in the DVD ROM. DVD burner, and my old DVD player but not the new Panasonic.

Originally posted by Stoner
And exactly which version of Nero are you using?

I’d try imgtools+dvddecrypter, both can be gotten @ doom9.org .

/MLS

What option in Nero are you using,if it’s not the last (UDF/ISO) option,you just wasted your money…

Is it Nero’s fault or DVD2One’s fault?

Rarely or almost never,is it DVD2ONe’s fault,the burning software is usually the culprit…

try using Prassi Primo to burn. It works great.

You have to be using the right settings in Nero in order for it to work in a stand-alone player. Use the one at the bottom of the list, UDF/ISO.

I could be down to not having a valid DVD Structure than the burning software

sometimes it’s doomed to fail even before using a compression tool because of incorrect ripping at the start

if it ain’t the structure and nothing has been removed with the processing tools then it’s the burning software settings (If it works when burnt with Prassi etc but not Nero, check your version of Nero & settings)

Nero is OK to use regarding the last few versions (I still use 5.5.9.14)

how come I have the fussiest of fussy players in my Sony yet anything I burn plays?

I must have the only working version of Nero :bigsmile:

I use DVDBOY Player as my default soft DVD player.
I just like watch movie in my wallpaper. This is really fun.