New DVD burner with CD-R = 4x / DVD+R = 4x support?

Hello. Sorry for my english (i know, it’s horrible), but i need help here. Here the problem - i need the DVD/CD burner with 4x support. My old drive is ASUS DRW-1608P and i can burn CD-R and DVD-R with 4x on it. Today i bought a ASUS DRW-1814BL and… I can’t burn CD-R on 4x (only 8x supported). I really need the 4x because i have many devices that can’t read 8x bured discs. I need a new drive, but EVERYWHERE in the online shops i can see only max write speed. Can anyone help me? I need a model of NEW ASUS / Pioneer drive with full 4x support. DRW-2014L1T? DVR-212? Or maybe another brand? Optiarc? Plextor? I don’t care about the price, i just need a burner. I can’t buy a very old models like DRW-1608P in my country. Only new like DRW-1814BL :sad: So, if you can give me a model of drive with 100% 4x support i’ll be glad.

Thank you.

P.S.This is not a CD-R discs problem. I make a test with single disc. NERO and IMGBurn said the ASUS DRW-1608P is support 4x, but ASUS DRW-1814BL is not.

The only brands that I know that burn at 4x are LG (only with Renesas chipset) and Pioneer.

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

All recent drives are able to give better performance at higher speed compared to older drives.

The only way to reduce minimum writing speed is to manually modify the firmware, not really an easy thing :frowning:

Did you already tried to burn a disc at 8x with the new burner?

[B]juancdg[/B], Thank you!

[B]geno888[/B], Thanks :slight_smile: Yes, i burn some Verbatim’s CD-Rs with 8x on ASUS DRW-1814BL and noone of my devices can read it without problems. Firmware… Uh, i think it’s really hard :frowning: So, because of better performance there is no new models of drives with default 4x support?