New Drive not recognised in Win7 x64

vbimport

Hello,

I bought a new Asus BW-12B1ST drive.

When i ran Nero CD/DVD Speed or EAC,
the Asus drive is not available in the pull-down menu.
Only my other drive (LG-H20L) is shown.

This only happen for Win7 x64.
If i dual boot to WinXP, the Asus drive can be recognized.

Appreciate if anyone can suggest any work-around :slight_smile:

Thanks

Does the drive work otherwise? Can you burn to discs with ImgBurn? (a free, highly recommended burning program)

You might try removing upper and lower filters in the Win 7 system. You can do this using ImgBurn. Go to Tools–>Filter Driver Load Order, then remove filters there.

If you don’t have ImgBurn installed now, be careful not to install any “extras” that might be offered, like browser add-on bars.

Microsoft recommends using the built in hardware Troubleshooter with Win 7. I’m not sure I’ve ever had it fix anything, but you can try it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2670171]Does the drive work otherwise? Can you burn to discs with ImgBurn? (a free, highly recommended burning program)

You might try removing upper and lower filters in the Win 7 system. You can do this using ImgBurn. Go to Tools–>Filter Driver Load Order, then remove filters there.

If you don’t have ImgBurn installed now, be careful not to install any “extras” that might be offered, like browser add-on bars.

Microsoft recommends using the built in hardware Troubleshooter with Win 7. I’m not sure I’ve ever had it fix anything, but you can try it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314060[/QUOTE]

Hi Kerry,

Yes, the drives seems to be working,
Will try out your suggestion once i’m back home.

Thanks

Hi,

There is a Lower Class Filter - StorF.sys.
I removed it but EAC & Nero DVD Speed still do not recognize my new drive.

Anything else i can try ?

Thanks

You can try running EAC as administrator. And you might look for an update to your motherboard drivers, just in case this is a controller issue.

Try OptiDrive Control as a substitute for Nero CD/DVD Speed. I had to use version 1.5 in Windows 8, as the 1.7 version wasn’t working well for me. OptiDrive Control is a newer program, and written by the same author, but unfortunately isn’t free. You do get a 30 day trial, and we can at least see if it works in your system.

Hi Kerry,

I will try running as Administrator.
I already tried OptiDrive Control, yes it works.
Only Nero Speed & EAC have this issue.

I notice something.
If i only install the Intel Chipset Inf Driver v9-3-0-1026,
Under Device Manager IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller,
there is 1 SATA AHCI Controller and 5 ATA Channel (for my 5 HDD/ODD)
Under Driver tab, the version is v9-3-0-1025.

At this point, EAC and Nero can work as per normal.

If i proceed to install the Intel RST Driver v11-7-0-1013,
Under Device Manager IDE ATA/ATAPI Controller,
there is only 1 “Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller.” and no ATA Channel.
Under Driver tab, the version is v11-7-0-1013.

At this point, my new BD-RW will not be recognize under EAC and Nero.

1 question is,
Do i really need the RST driver ?
will i get a performance hit without the RST driver ?
I suppose without the RST driver, it is running as IDE mode.

Thanks

You’ll be getting me out of my depth talking about RST drivers I’m afraid. You should have a setting in the bios of the computer to check and see if your machine is running in AHCI or IDE mode. Don’t change it to IDE if already in AHCI, or you may find you have borked the computer.

From the little I do know, you don’t have to use the RST drivers, but they are supposed to speed things up a bit. I’d rather my new optical drive worked.

The Sata setting is AHCI in Bios.

Look like the Intel Inf Chipset driver is running the storage devices under some kind of IDE emulation mode,
for compatibility issue i suppose.

Anyway, guess i will do without the RST first.