New drive (Lite-On LH-18A1P)... how is this burn looking?

I know sweet FA about this - all I know is that a lack of spikes is good!

Also, on a 16x burner drive with 16x speed media, what’s a good burn speed - 12x safe enough?

General Information
Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S
Firmware: BS0Y
Disc: DVD-R (MCC 03RG20 )
Selected speed: 4 X
PI errors
Maximum: 78
Average: 11.52
Total: 152921
PI failures
Maximum: 2
Average: 0.05
Total: 994
PO failures: n/a
Jitter: n/a
Scanning Statistics
Elapsed time: 23:17
Number of samples: 127830
Average scanning interval: 1.13 ECC
Glitches removed: 73056

Because you’re using a newer drive, scans can be done at 8x and the scans should be similar, but faster :slight_smile:

This burn isn’t great, but it’s not bad… just don’t like that large hump at the beginning

Moved to the LiteOn forum. :wink:

Can I ask what a hump is typically indicative of?

I believe it’s typical of MCC03RG20 to have the ‘hump’. Can be at the beginning or end… Usually at the end with my batches but I’ve seen a few scans around here lately looking very similar to yours.

Keep on burning and they should improve ? I’d be satisfied with this burn but hope for slight improvement with Lite-on’s inbuilt features.

He is using a LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1633S and should scan at 4x.

Oh … sorry … I thought he was using his 18A1P … :expressionless: sorry

Yes, what about an 18A1P scan?

1633S only used for rippping/reading now.

New drive (LH-18A1P) hence this thread. So, the burns here are not 1633S.

16x speed drive and media - what recommended burn speed with no encroachment on burns? 10x? 12x?

What some of the others were saying is to use the 18A1P @ 8x for a scan to see what you get.

OK, rate this scan! Burnt and read with a LH-18A1H. I usually get scans like this with this drive. There are always PI errors as high as on that screen at the beginning. Sometimes with a maximum of 85 or something. What’s wrong? Thought the Verbatims were the perfect media. Is there something wrong with my writers?

Though, please rate the scan. Still curious if that amount of PI errors is still fine.

Not typical of MCC 03RG20 per se, but rather a phenomenon that frequently affects media manufactured by CMC Magnetics of various media codes. I’ve seen it on discs with CMC MIDs and MCC MIDs, both + and -.