New drive for scanning

At the moment i have the Pio-112 and it turns out that the drive does not scan with the latest versions of cd-dvd speed. The nec 4571A (onother drive i have) is not very reliable scanner So I am in a need for a reliable scanner and a good burner of course (in case the pio gives up burning someday).
From what i read here the lite-on is the way to go but which model exactly?

p.s. I would like to get a SATA drive.

I would also appreciate some advice as to the best scanning drives available now. Cheers.

[QUOTE=precision77;1972021]At the moment i have the Pio-112 and it turns out that the drive does not scan with the latest versions of cd-dvd speed. The nec 4571A (onother drive i have) is not very reliable scanner So I am in a need for a reliable scanner and a good burner of course (in case the pio gives up burning someday).
From what i read here the lite-on is the way to go but which model exactly?

p.s. I would like to get a SATA drive.[/QUOTE]
The new LiteOns should be fine, personally I burn alot with mine. The LH-20A1L and LH-20A1S are the two SATA LiteOn burners on Newegg but their are other models available depending where you’re buying(not sure of all the model #s personally).

[QUOTE=masta_blasta;1972356]I would also appreciate some advice as to the best scanning drives available now. Cheers.[/QUOTE]
Any of the newer LiteOns should be a decent bet. 20A3x series doesn’t have jitter scanning with CD speed yet, but any other 20x Liteys do. If you need CD scanning a true NEC or LiteOn CD burner are your best bets, but NECs are mediocre DVD scanners with no jitter testing.