New DL DVD burner

vbimport

I am looking to buy a new DL DVD burner. What would be the best one i could get for under $75 or so?

[QUOTE=civiccrazy;2166808]I am looking to buy a new DL DVD burner. What would be the best one i could get for under $75 or so?[/QUOTE]

Hi civiccrazy,
Optiarc AD-7200/7203.

well in general… you can get ‘quality’ burners for usually no more than 40 dollars out the door tops on newegg.com

as to what’s the best… i cant say for sure as im sure you will get alot of people telling you different story’s on here.

but the drive mentioned above ( Optiarc AD-7200A ) people seem to like and it’s dirt cheap right now on newegg.comhttp://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827118011 … $19.99 free shipping.

me personally, i generally been a fan of “Lite-On” brand in general since there all around solid burners/readers.

Anyone else have any suggestions?

Nothing wrong with the Optiarc drives. Do you need a SATA interface, or the older style IDE PATA type drive?

Pioneer has been making some good drives lately too. Look at the 116 if you need IDE/PATA. 216 for SATA.

I would say go with the drive your most comfortable with using and know most about or have preferrence with. As Kerry56 mention that depends on the motherboard connections you have. First check that out and then you should be able to tell if you should buy a IDE or Sata burner drive. That would be first piority then you can go looking for what drive to buy. But I would recommend if you can get orders from Newegg check their site on the drives and do a comparison shop to see which one will fit your needs. As NBR mentioned I have Liteon Drives, two to be exact a old 832S and 20A4H unit and both work well. But what drives to buy is going to be your final decisions we only give our experiences with our drives and that can vary from users to users.

I can use a SATA or IDE. I have both connections available. Is either one of those better than the other?

[QUOTE=civiccrazy;2166925]I can use a SATA or IDE. I have both connections available. Is either one of those better than the other?[/QUOTE]

Depends on your motherboard chipset - some play better with SATA than others. :slight_smile:

So, knowing what chipset your mobo uses would be handy, then we can advise further.

The Optiarc (which I would also go for) comes in both PATA and SATA flavours :smiley:

I have a:

GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX All Solid Capacitor Intel Motherboard

Great :smiley: - my PC also has an Intel chipset and runs my SATA optical drives beautifully.

I personally would go for an Optiarc 72xxS (SATA) or 72xxA (PATA) drive - the choice is yours :slight_smile: