New Divx Player

vbimport

Please help. Ive tried many other forums with this. I know lots of other people have the same question.

Q. Im simply looking at getting a new (dvd) Divx Player. Nothing fancy. £20-25. Purpose built would be an advantage. Any suggestions??

Many thanks.

well odds are you aint looking for what im about to suggest but…

if you can find a original xbox 1 console cheap enough you can softmod it (which is free if you know what to do) and put XBox Media Center on it and it will play XviD/DivX and just about any other video/audio format that a PC can play (besides High def cause of CPU limitations)

but if you looking for something that you dont have to mess with and want a remote etc with it then odds are the xbox console probably aint for you… but once it’s running and with a wireless controller i personally i would rather have a XBox1 console running XBMC over a stand alone dvd (divx) player myself.

plus with XBMC you can change where the image is displayed with it’s own video calibration screen… basically this will let you see more of the image in a movie since you adjust where the image is displayed… which basically in a widescreen movie will let you see more to the left and right of the image.

but anyways assuming that aint for you im sure some other people on this forum can suggest something as far as a home divx player. :wink:

just thought i would mention it.

cause i suppose each has there up’s and downs… but in terms of pure playback the xbox1 is the better way to go once it’s up and running in my opinion as XBMC is updated often with bug fixes etc but i been using it for years and it’s always worked pretty great for XviD/DivX playback which is mainly what i use my xbox1 for now and you can store video’s etc in it’s hard drive and even play them back from dvd recordables etc.

[QUOTE=robinhood007;2107801]Please help. Ive tried many other forums with this. I know lots of other people have the same question.

Q. Im simply looking at getting a new (dvd) Divx Player. Nothing fancy. £20-25. Purpose built would be an advantage. Any suggestions??

Many thanks.[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Here in the UK (I guess that’s where you’re from judging by the £’s), you might look at the ones they sell in Asda or Tesco’s.

I was in Curry’s the other week, and didn’t see anything at all for those prices.

Have a look at http://www.cclonline.com/ and see if they have anything in that price range as well.