New Crucial M500 480gb

vbimport

I just got this SSD and I couldn’t wait to put it in my Haswell build, the parts are not right yet. Do I connected it as a Data drive with a few Gbs of backups from Acronis on it. This is the first time I powered it on.:wink: I will be posting benchmarks on this thread so if anyone else has this SSD please compare.

Note the temperature, when you run any benchmarks it should increase, and also when the drive is idle you should see temp’s maybe lower than 30C.

You will probably have to refresh manually the CDI program to get and update.

Here is the first bench on the new drive notice the write at 4K.

[QUOTE=vroom;2689584]Note the temperature, when you run any benchmarks it should increase, and also when the drive is idle you should see temp’s maybe lower than 30C.

You will probably have to refresh manually the CDI program to get and update.[/QUOTE]
When I ran that I was transferring about 100 gbs of file to SSD. All my Acronis backups and it was running steady for about 45 minutes.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2689586]When I ran that I was transferring about 100 gbs of file to SSD. All my Acronis backups and it was running steady for about 45 minutes.[/QUOTE]

OK, then you will see the temperature dropping, also dont forget that the M500 has adaptive thermal protection :wink:

[QUOTE=vroom;2689588]OK, then you will see the temperature dropping, also dont forget that the M500 has adaptive thermal protection ;)[/QUOTE]
Temps down to 32c in 15 minutes

Nice, I want be surprised if it goes even lower than that.

Correct me if I am wrong alan (or any of our members here), but this is the first time that I have seen CDI showing temperature in an consumer SSD.

[QUOTE=vroom;2689590]Nice, I want be surprised if it goes even lower than that.

Correct me if I am wrong alan (or any of our members here), but this is the first time that I have seen CDI showing temperature in an consumer SSD.[/QUOTE]
My Samsung 840 Pro shows temps in CDI also. You have to update to the new versions of the software, it has options now for this ( I think) I am using V5.40;)

[QUOTE=vroom;2689590]Nice, I want be surprised if it goes even lower than that.

Correct me if I am wrong alan (or any of our members here), but this is the first time that I have seen CDI showing temperature in an consumer SSD.[/QUOTE]
They are now

:cool: Literally

Regds, JR