-New Conversion Tool

This is a tool i started using today,and it’s able to convert all those d/l files to DVD
compliant files,after all isn’t that why you’re here???.. :slight_smile: Works pretty good
so far

http://www.essien.de/products/convertwizard/

Incidentally,a beta can be found at BetaNews.com

Thanks for that, whats the quality like and how fast/slow is it ?

Quality is ,of course,good as the original. I put together some
files I had d/l ed a while ago,used the software,and strung them together thru TMPG Enc DVD Author,and the DVD worked well. The
encoding time could be faster,but I can’t argue with the results.
Check it,I await your expert opinion…:bow: :bow: :bow:

BTW,CM,is there any software that sharpens video prior to authoring,so maybe a video can be enhanced?

Hmm… thanks fot the tip. I’ll give it a go right away! :wink:

Since the both of you are far more experienced than I in this realm,I’d like to hear back from you guys as to how well it worked
out Thanks!!!.. :cool:

I did a VCD to DVDR conversion with it and the quality looks ok.
Wil try a DivX (good quality) to DVDR conversion 2night.

The program is slow though!! :Z

Did a DivX to Mpeg2 (DVD-pal) conversion of a Futurama episode.
DivX: codec version 4.12 | resolution 576x432
DVD: resolution 720x576

I’ve made a few screenshots using PowerDVD. 2 of both files; 1 while the image was frozen and 1 when it was moving.

Check it out for yourself. I think it looks ok. While watching both files, I like the DVD-file better.

DivX frozen image
DVD frozen image

DivX moving image
DVD moving image

Maybe I should also do a normal movie cause animated movie look sharper then normal one most of the time.

Originally posted by Wookie
Maybe I should also do a normal movie cause animated movie look sharper then normal one most of the time.

Better take a complex movie (with lot of colors and fast movement)… that will show the program’s qualities…

Mkay, I’ll try to find a quality divx somewhere.

Originally posted by Wookie

I would imagine that you would try a real movie,because animation looks good,even in the poorest format. By the way,
I couldn’t tell the difference between the two. Or should i get
my glasses…:bigsmile:

I tried a normal movie last night, but the image was in the wrong dimensions. The DivX had a resolution of 576x240 (wide) but when the mpeg (DVD) was made it had the same resolution but the image was cropped in it’s width. So I had a black border on each side! :confused:

The speed of this conversion was better then before btw. The movie length was 1:45 hour and the conversion lasted 1:30 hour. So that isn’t to bad at all.
Conversion was done on a P4 3,2ghz (FSB900) with 2x 512MB Kingston Hyper-X PC3500 @ CAS2 & 225mhz.

I’m trying again right now.

Sorry guys, I’ve just been to busy to even scratch of late. Will test out as soon as I have some spare time.

I’ve tried it again, but with the same results. I also tried a XviD movie, but DirectConvert crashed. Tried it a few times, but it crashes everytime and at different times during converting. :confused: