New Computer

vbimport

Just got a new Dell XPS 8700 desktop, just wondering, the machine seems pretty slow, will it speed up when the cookies for each program is installed? T.I.A.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2764415]Just got a new Dell XPS 8700 desktop, just wondering, the machine seems pretty slow, will it speed up when the cookies for each program is installed? T.I.A.[/QUOTE]

Hi Durkinit, you want to get rid of cookies not install them. :frowning: Congrats on the new rig.:clap::clap:

To make your PC faster, you need an SSD, this is the best upgrade you can do, also a clean install of the OS would be welcomed.
Both of this should make your PC very fast, but if you dont want to do that, you need to find what unnecessary applications are installed and also loaded during startup, and remove them or disable them.
Also its a good idea to make a back of your OS and have it somewhere just in case.

Hi Alan, glad to hear from you, maybe you can enlighten me, I was under the impression that cookies were assigned to a website upon opening, and was assigned to its memory, thereby opening it quicker? Am I wrong again? I know they also have to be cleaned from time to time so I’m a little confused about them.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2764434]Hi Alan, glad to hear from you, maybe you can enlighten me, I was under the impression that cookies were assigned to a website upon opening, and was assigned to its memory, thereby opening it quicker? Am I wrong again? I know they also have to be cleaned from time to time so I’m a little confused about them.[/QUOTE]

When you have too many cookies and your cache gets full your machine will slow down , thats why they have programs like CCleaner and such. You need to buy a little SSD ,not hard to install at all, and re image your OS to the SSD. Then you will have a fast machine. Can you share the specs of that new computer, is it an i7 or i5 or i3 , is the HDD 5400RPMs? What kind of connection do you have to the internet? All these things have something to do with speed, if its just opening webpages faster then a lot of what we said doesn’t matter. What is the main function you are trying to do faster?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2764415]Just got a new Dell XPS 8700 desktop, just wondering, the machine seems pretty slow, will it speed up when the cookies for each program is installed? T.I.A.[/QUOTE]
That’s odd cookies for each program that would be for Browser only what kinda cookie are you installing? I think you got malware infested is more like it.