NEW COMPUTER/network

:sad:hi, i am on my main computer upstairs XP which has the yellow wire in to connect to the internet i have a new computer downstairs, VISTA i would like to be able to see the pictures on my new computer. not sure if i need to somehow connect the two as a network. havent a clue how to do it as all instructions confuse me. my new computer is wireless and i have managed to connect that ok. is there anyone who can tell me step by step how to do it without any cables etc. do i need to have both computers on? and where do i start and with which computer. sorry to be such a nuisance but im really puzzled with all the different explanations. please help, chrissy

hi again, just found wireless network setup wizard. i used a flash drive and carried out all instructions and it said that i had managed to set up network on my new computer. but i cannot find any pictures from this computer xp. have i missed doing something. thanks for any help, chrissy

Hi,

you need to enable “sharing” for the folder you have put your files and pictures in. Just right-click on the folder to be shared and select “Properties”.

For additional information, you may just check Windows Help to start with. “Folder sharing” should be the proper keyword.

Michael

hi at present i have given up. i find that xp differs from vista in such a way that i am unable to do anything. maybe i will try later on, thanks anyway, chrissy:(

i find that xp differs from vista in such a way that i am unable to do anything.
If Steve Jobs ever reads this, Apple has an awesome commercial slogan! :bigsmile: