New CloneDVD Betaversion next week

vbimport

From www.cdrinfo.com:

The “Sneak Preview” of the new version of CloneDVD will be available for downloading at www.elby.ch next week. This is a beta version of the new CloneDVD. Users can familiarise themselves with the new version until the full version becomes available, probably before Cebit 2004. The “Sneak Preview” will run for 30 days and is not available for purchase.

Here you will find further details…

Regards,

ET.

Hi,

good news and I’m very impatient to have this version…
Any day of this week for the new version ? Beginning or end of week ?

Thanks
Cyrille

Originally posted by cmaurice

Any day of this week for the new version ? Beginning or end of week ?
Anytime soon. Check the [COLOR=blue]site from time 2 time.[/COLOR]
CloneDVD 2 Sneak Preview, download available next week

Posted by Dennis on 13 February 2004 - 20:52 - Source: CD Freaks

www.cdfreaks.com/news/9109

if i’m going to download this and install, what’s gonna happen to my previous version (v3.3.2.1) which i have a boxkey? should i just un-install this trial and re-install the previous?

Originally posted by eap_44

what’s gonna happen to my previous version (v3.3.2.1) which i have a boxkey?
The current CloneDVD version’s 1.3.11.2.

Hopefully there would be announced what we should do w that.
AFAIK, installing it in a separate directory won’t do any harm.
But we’ll wait and see.

If you’re talking about your current AnyDVD,
then it now can be updated with the latest v.3.5.1.1 ( 2004 02 15 )

CloneDVD2 preview will not only blow you away (quality and feature wise, hopefully! it is amazing!), but will install in a seperate directory and will use different keys to store its values in the windows registry as well.
In fact, you’ll see two CloneDVD icons on the desktop and in your start menu.
They are completely independant, so you can easily fall back to your old verfsion.
The preview can be uninstalled independantly as well.

I hope, you are pleased with this answer.

Originally posted by Olli

CloneDVD2 preview will not only blow you away
(quality and feature wise, hopefully! it is amazing!)…
We all are looking forward to it ! :smiley:

thanks for your response. it’s good to hear that they will be installed in a different folder and will run independently so it will be easy to uninstall after it expires.

the version i’ve mention (v3.3.2.1) is for anyDVD. how do i install the updated version? does it affect my boxkey?

also, last night i was trying to back-up a copy of my lion king 1 and after i put the dvd in the dvd rom, a warning pops up saying that anydvd will guess the ecryption key and some movies will not play properly. does the update version fixes this problem?

Thanks Olli, precious informations!
I have another question: I have read in the preview that the new CloneDVD includes also VirtualCloneDrive. I am still
using your great CloneCD (4.2.0.2), since it still works fine for me, so I already have a VirtualCloneDrive installed. Can this be a problem?
Thanks a lot,

ET

I hope, you are pleased with this answer.

Originally posted by eltranquil
[B]Thanks Olli, precious informations!
I have another question: I have read in the preview that the new CloneDVD includes also VirtualCloneDrive. I am still
using your great CloneCD (4.2.0.2), since it still works fine for me, so I already have a VirtualCloneDrive installed. Can this be a problem?
Thanks a lot,

ET [/B]

Not at all. VirtualCloneDrive will be a separate download and a separate install to CloneDVD2 preview.
It will be installed into an own directory as well.
If you install it on top of CloneCD 4.2.0.2 as a (recommended) update, the “Virtual CloneDrive” menu from the CloneCD tray icon will disappear. Instead, you will have a VCDPrefs program (you can put a shortcut to it on the desktop or the quicklaunch bar) to change VirtualCloneDrive settings.

Wonderful. Thanks, Olli.

:bow: :bow: :bow:

Not at all. (…)

Hi,

> thanks for your response. it’s good to hear that they will be installed in a different folder and will run independently so it will be easy to uninstall after it expires.

the version i’ve mention (v3.3.2.1) is for anyDVD. how do i install the updated version? does it affect my boxkey? <

What new Version? AnyDVD 3.5.1.1 or CloneDVD2 preview?
Both will not affect your CloneDVD boxkey.

> also, last night i was trying to back-up a copy of my lion king 1 and after i put the dvd in the dvd rom, a warning pops up saying that anydvd will guess the ecryption key and some movies will not play properly. does the update version fixes this problem? <

Maybe AnyDVD 3.5.1.1 cures this, there was something mentioned in the changelog. You should give it a try.

The waiting is killing me Olli :bow: :bow:

Saving money already for the new clonedvd;)

Originally posted by t1955feb
Saving money already for the new clonedvd;)

Why? CloneDVD 1 -> CloneDVD 2 update will be free !!!

Oh great news:p

Come on, release it today… :bow: :bow:

It’s my day off and i want to play with it :o You know you wanna :iagree:

I cant wait to try it either !!! Sounds like its going to be a must have program.

:sad: :sad:

It’s now thursday and i am back at work…

:sad: :sad:

It’s too hard to wait !! :sad:
Please Olli, give us this great version of CloneDVD, Please… :bow: :bow:

Thanks in advance and thank you very much for you great work on CloneDVD :bigsmile:

Cyrille