New CloneCD Version

Since more than two month no update has been released by Elby.

Whats up?

1. CloneCD ist now perfect and needs no updates.
  2. The whole CloneCD team is on holiday.
  3. The CloneCD team still cannot beat the new Securom protection and thus no update is released.
  4. Some other reason.

What do you think?

No, an update for cloneCD is expected for mid-november…let’s hope for something new :wink:

Setup Version 4.1.0.0 (3160 KB)
Last updated: 2002 11 04

http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/download.html

they have been working on clone dvd thats why no updates

Well spotted FiReKiLL!!!

Revision History

Version 4.1.0.0: 2002 11 04
Added Virtual CloneDrive
Added Virtual CloneDrive support in CloneCDTray
Added Virtual CloneDrive shell extension
Fixed false alarm in ElbyCheck (Windows 2000/XP)
Fixed Access Violation in ElbyCDIO.dll
Increased Sense Buffer in ElbyCDIO.dll (Windows 9X/ME)
ElbyCDIO.dll is now a shared library in Windows\System directory
Many minor bugfixes
Many minor cosmetic improvements

great news so when can we actually download it and try it out?
As only download currently is the older 4.0.1.10 !!

same ole same ole

Your ISP or network server (or your browser) is cacheing so click refresh, hit F5 or shift+click refresh

So, with this new update does anyone know if he added support for blackcheck’s twinsector patch to copy new securerom games.

no go !!! am currently downloading from french site I suspect not all the servers have yet updated !!!I am in uk.
Last as usual!!!
what do you reckon the chances of a securom 4 fix?
Has xmas come early or am I wishing for too much???

zendal, I would highly doubt it, although I have not had a chance to try. Blackcheck posted his thread VERY RECENTLY, so I doubt that Elby had a chance to input his work into the program that fast.

Version 4.1.0.1: 2002 11 05

Fixed bug in ElbyVCD.dll which caused CloneCDTray to crash
Fixed bug which prevented setting the number of Virtual CloneDrives (Windows 9X/ME)

Originally posted by CCDKing
zendal, I would highly doubt it, although I have not had a chance to try. Blackcheck posted his thread VERY RECENTLY, so I doubt that Elby had a chance to input his work into the program that fast.

It doesn’t even cope with sd 2.8x reliably. See my latest post here.

Originally posted by logicwatch
great news so when can we actually download it and try it out?
As only download currently is the older 4.0.1.10 !!

Try the FTP one. :cool:

CCDKing, what you said is somewhat suprising given that the new version of BlindWrite released just one day later has a tweakpeak style system in it.

I think Olli is getting either too obsessed with the GUI / use of the product or is concentrating on MakeDisc and CloneDVD. Why the hell he added a virtual drive I don’t know - Alcohol and DAEMON-Tools work just fine and are more configurable and more adaptable.

I noticed that Virtual CloneDrive isnt digitally signed? will it or shall i not worry about it?

Trunks

Don’t worry. That is an issue concerning Microsoft. Digit sigs are reassuring in case you don’t know if you can trust the software manufacturer. The sig means that Billy G vouches for it’s compatibility with Windows. I’d trust Elby, have had no reason not to so far…:bigsmile:

You know…the silence is deafening from Elby. While Clone CD doesnt cost as much as many other programs I still hoped for a longer shelf life than this… Heres hoping they start adapting to the newer technologies and get this once great program back up to speed… ASAP.

Originally posted by Gameguru
You know…the silence is deafening from Elby. While Clone CD doesnt cost as much as many other programs I still hoped for a longer shelf life than this… Heres hoping they start adapting to the newer technologies and get this once great program back up to speed… ASAP.

I Hope, I Hope.

Clone CD will get out of business, if they won´t make copyable Safedisc 2.8 and Securom 4.8 protected games

Originally posted by Gameguru

I Hope, I Hope.

Clone CD will get out of business, if they won´t make copyable Safedisc 2.8 and Securom 4.8 protected games