New clonecd version crashes winxp on start (miniport.sys)

after installing clonecd 4.1.x winxp always crashes. tried the new version and the 4.1.0.1 fix, with or without virtualcd drive, nothing works, winxp always crashes, saying “irq less or equal” and the error is in miniport.sys (that’s at least what the bluescreen says before winxp is restarted). only rebooting to the safe mode and uninstalling clonecd helps to resolve the problem.

seems to be a conflict between ? and clonecd.

I have daemon tools, alcohol 120, blindwrite suite, insectors 3, nero, and winoncd installed (the newest versions). plus aspi 4.60 force and 29160 adaptec scsi controller drivers for winxp. I guess the error is due to one of the above mentioned programmes.

hope Olli fixes this bug

An “IRQ not less or equal” is a problem caused by devices sharing the same IRQ channel on your computer. An example could be that your soundcard is sharing its IRQ with your GFX, LAN, or other PCI-cards. If I were you I’d check your device manager and check for problems there. I don’t think the problem is caused by CloneCD. I’m no hardware expert so that’s about all I know on the IRQ not less or equal subject.

but all other burning programmes work fine. also all previous versions of clonecd worked fine. meaning it’s a problem/bug with/in clonecd, not with my pc configuration.

also about sharing: modern windows systems allow sharing. e.g., my soundcard and graphic card share the same IRQ, and no problems there

Yes I know IRQ sharing is allowed but I believe there can be a maximum of three devices on one IRQ. Sometimes it happens that there are more devices on one channel resulting in error messages. It can also be a driver issue. What kind of hardware do you have? Using the latest drivers for your Adaptec SCSI card? The problem only occurs when installing CloneCD :confused:

the problem occurs only with clonecd.

there’s only one winxp driver for my scsi card, I’ve been using it without problems till now (it’s an adaptec driver, the one on the winxp cd always resulted in buffer underruns when burning, but the new one works fine).

I installed clonecd on my win98 partition and it works fine. but I am too lazy to reboot every time from winxp to win98 when I want to use clonecd. I have to fix the issue on winxp

:stuck_out_tongue: i have the very same probblem so i downloaded the
CloneCd from the ftp site and not the http
installed it and no more blue screen ? what gives
:confused: 4.1.0.1 is my v
hope this helps

Perhaps it’s Clone CD’s Virtual Drive? I know it uses some sysem resources. Perhaps its conflicting with something.

Weshy.

no, it’s no a virtual drive problem. I tried to install without virtual drive, and still clonecd crashed winxp

At DRIVER_IRQL_NOT LESS OR EQUAL there is a 7 page VIA Arena Forum thread on this problem.

Maybe some of the information contained in this forum discussion will be of benefit in troubleshooting your problem. :slight_smile:

no, they just talk about some weird problems with hardware in that forum. that’s what happens when people are stupid enough to buy amd and via products - 7 pages full of whining. what do I care, I have an Intel processor. it’s a clonecd bug. if I just knew which programme causes the conflict with clonecd. or rather vice versa - which programme clonecd doesn’t like

Originally posted by WRFan
…that’s what happens when people are stupid enough to buy amd and via products - 7 pages full of whining. what do I care, I have an Intel processor…
hehe, I’d have to agree! I have one VIA board, Shuttle with Celeron 1.3, and it’s as-slow-as, I hate it. Latest 4in1 crashed it.

I have XP and 98SE on my 815EP. I will install latest CCD tonight in XP pro and see what happens!

I also have the same problem. I have 2 systems, both on XP SP-1. On one (a P4-2.4Ghz Dell 8200) it works 100%. On the other (a PII 450Mhz Dell Dimension R) it blue screens every time in the same way as the previous posts. Both systems had CloneCD updates from 4.0.1.10 to 4.1.0.1 without going via 4.1.0.0. Both worked fine on 4.0.1.10.
This has to be a CloneCD bug of some kind which is triggered by other devices or software installed on the 450 system.

And yes, I am a registered user of CloneCD, so it’s not a “cracked” version…

Originally posted by WRFan
that’s what happens when people are stupid enough to buy amd and via products - 7 pages full of whining.
What?! AMD vs. Intel flamewar! :smiley:
My VIA KT400 chipset is running very smooth… :wink:

Too bad your Intel setup can’t handle it.
I have ccd’s latest running on two different Amd setups. One with a XP 2100+ on a Asus board with a VIA chipset, and a 1.33G on a Asus board with an Amd chip. I have no problems running ccd, blindwrite, or anything else, I have 2 burners in each machine, along with Nic’s, modems, and several USB items in each machine. One is used for work and one is used for my Ham Radio station. Both are running XP Pro SP1
Too bad your Superior Intel setup sucks so bad.
Jim

Originally posted by FutureProof

I have XP and 98SE on my 815EP. I will install latest CCD tonight in XP pro and see what happens!

NP :bigsmile: