New CloneCD Results

@ Parker: If you have alcohol 120% running, than you have a hide cd-r media function turned on!

It’s called “Ignore media type” in the emulation sector of the options.

See for yourself. Copies won’t work without this setting on, if you read the backup with your cd-writer.

Originally posted by philamber
so I’m not impressed with the new version.

guess you’re not the only one…
and another virtual drive??? aaaarrrgghhhh… :a

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay Sea
If you have alcohol 120% running, than you have a hide cd-r media function turned on!

It’s called “Ignore media type” in the emulation sector of the options.

That is true; but I think that function is implemented in the backup; because in my other computers at home I have not never installed Alcohol 120% and the backups works in all devices including (Liteon LTD-163, Plexwriter 24/10/40 & Plexwriter 12/10/32S)

Originally posted by Parker
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Jay Sea
That is true; but I think that function is implemented in the backup; because in my other computers at home I have not never installed Alcohol 120% and the backups works in all devices including (Liteon LTD-163, Plexwriter 24/10/40 & Plexwriter 12/10/32S)

Could it be that the games you have backed up dont have the ATIP check?

No CloneCD UT2K3 image works with emu in CloneCD, Alcohol, Fantom or DAEMON Tools. (CloneCD image made by Alcohol will not work either).

Off Topic:

.MDS image (with DPM) made by Alcohol works with emu in D-Tools and Alcohol

a subs only .MDS image does not work with emu anywhere.

@Futurproof
What about no emulation? You should be able to play without emulation.

Originally posted by Bulk
@Futurproof
What about no emulation? You should be able to play without emulation.

For CloneCD image? No. Cannot get a working image with/without emu anywhere.

Off Topic:

.MDS images also need emu - dunno why. Only my Toshi 1202 can do the DPM read, other devices can’t. I currently need DPM & emu for UT2K3.

Ive had chance to test latest Beta version and the DPM feature is much more stable and reliable. All my drives Plextor, Lite-On ect… all make images in MDS format which run via the virtual drive without emulation.

Originally posted by Bulk
Ive had chance to test latest Beta version
Yeah, I supposedly have access to that but my Alcohol provided login won’t get me there - I have to go back to support, again.

I was able to successfully make DPM mds of “Emperor Return of the Middle Kingdom” using Alcohol 1.3.3 build 1030 (trial) on my Lite-on LTR-48125. The only speed at which DPM was successful was 36x - no other speed worked. I was able to successfully emulate it using Daemon tools as well as Alcohol 120%.

I have yet to try new clone cd :smiley:

Originally posted by Bulk
Ive had chance to test latest Beta version and the DPM feature is much more stable and reliable. All my drives Plextor, Lite-On ect… all make images in MDS format which run via the virtual drive without emulation.
OK, I got the beta stuff and it’s working without emu in Alcohol & DT. DPM works on all drives now.

This is new CloneCD results Thread, btw :wink:

What’s going on with Ollie?
I know he is working on new softwares,but who will buy them if he does not care abouto his original Clone 4?
I tried Clone with Fifa 2003 with no luck,Cd mate made the job perfectly with no SAM.

Bye