New Clonecd 4.0.1.6

vbimport

#1

New Clonecd is out at: http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/download.html
Version 4.0.1.6: June 12, 2002
Fixed compatibility problems with certain applications, if "Hide CDR-Media" was enabled
Cosmetic fix: Items in Logbook won't get focus anymore
All languages (except Japanese) are now shipped with the installer
CloneCD will now initially display the language dialog, if the language is unknown to the installer
Increased maximum buffer size
Reduced size of executable


#2

> Fixed compatibility problems with certain applications, if “Hide CDR-Media” was enabled <

It is important to know, that after the installation your computer needs to be restarted for this change to take effect.


#3

> Fixed compatibility problems with certain applications, if “Hide CDR-Media” was enabled <

I didn’t post this thread on the mainpage newsposting about the new CloneCD, but I was wondering if that has something to do with it.

Also am I right to assume thatthis post has something to do with the increased buffer size ? Just curious :slight_smile:

Damn, must get me some Thai food :bigsmile:


#4

>> I didn’t post this thread on the mainpage newsposting about the new CloneCD, but I was wondering if that has something to do with it.
<<

Not the post. I have read it now for the first time. But - coincidence - yes, Seeks were filtered by hide cdr media, and are not anymore.

>> Also am I right to assume thatthis post has something to do with the increased buffer size ? Just curious :slight_smile: <<

Yes. Buffer size was increased because of this thread. Was a simple change.

> Damn, must get me some Thai food :bigsmile: <

You should! :slight_smile:


#5

Ah finally the hide CD-R media bug is fixed!!!

Have annoyed me for a while now…


#6

Originally posted by Olli
Yes. Buffer size was increased because of this thread. Was a simple change.

So , CloneCD will be the first application which can fully use my 1500 megs of ram ? :slight_smile: (or at least the entire cd in the buffer)

hmm , only 76,5 Mbyte per buffer .


#7

Hi,

Any get Write to Medium error using the new v4.0.1.6, got it 2x in 4 Burns within 1%, reverted back to v4.0.1.3 and seems fine.

I’m using LiteOn 32123s f/w XS0X @16x.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink:


#8

Originally posted by KennyC
[B]Hi,

Any get Write to Medium error using the new v4.0.1.6, got it 2x in 4 Burns within 1%, reverted back to v4.0.1.3 and seems fine.

I’m using LiteOn 32123s f/w XS0X @16x.

Cheerz :slight_smile: :smiley: :wink: [/B]

Hi Kenny!

Weird - to say the least. Can’t reproduce this problrm, nor can I imagine why this should happen… I’ll keep this under “observation”.

However, a “Medium Error” usually is pretty much exactly what it says - a “Medium Error”. Maybe just a coincidence of two bad cdrs?

Anyone else seeing similar problems?


#9

[B]

CloneCD 4 Setup (English, German, French, Italian, Spanish and Dutch) for Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows ME, Windows NT 4, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.

Setup Version 4.0.1.3 (about 2267 KB)
Last updated: May 23, 2002
[/B]

This is what I see when I follow the download link. Where does one get the 4.0.1.6 version?


#10

Your internet cache is doing its job! At the d/l page, hold the Ctrl key and click Refresh on the browser’s toolbar


#11

Thanks. F5 would be just as easy :slight_smile:

However, the problem was with the proxy server cache at my end, not the cache on the local machine.


#12

burnproof you have the new version now? Else I’ll be happy to send it to you… Let me know if you need it.


#13

Originally posted by Olli
[B]

Hi Kenny!

Weird - to say the least. Can’t reproduce this problrm, nor can I imagine why this should happen… I’ll keep this under “observation”.

However, a “Medium Error” usually is pretty much exactly what it says - a “Medium Error”. Maybe just a coincidence of two bad cdrs?

Anyone else seeing similar problems?
[/B]

Me too Olli!

Using a LiteOn 40125S with firmware “ZS0J”, used V4.1.0.6 for first time today and made 4 coasters, went back as did KennyC to V4.1.0.3 and all was fine again?!?!?! :confused:


#14

Originally posted by Lazza
[B]
Me too Olli!

Using a LiteOn 40125S with firmware “ZS0J”, used V4.1.0.6 for first time today and made 4 coasters, went back as did KennyC to V4.1.0.3 and all was fine again?!?!?! :confused: [/B]

Hmm, no idea what might causing this. There were no changes to the write engine at all…


#15

Olli, I know with Clone now you can either update your previous version or do a new install. I just upgraded over the top of my existing V4.0.1.3, would it be better to uninstall first though and then install the new version? I know from experience that sometimes upgrading other software with the new version this way has caused a few problems.

So could this possibly affect Clone CD in any way?

Thanks in advance for your time on this. :slight_smile:


#16

Originally posted by Lazza
[B]Olli, I know with Clone now you can either update your previous version or do a new install. I just upgraded over the top of my existing V4.0.1.3, would it be better to uninstall first though and then install the new version? I know from experience that sometimes upgrading other software with the new version this way has caused a few problems.

So could this possibly affect Clone CD in any way?

Thanks in advance for your time on this. :slight_smile: [/B]

Shouldn’t make any difference. However, uninstalling first is quick and easy (don’t delete by hand!, use Uninstall) and maybe worth giving a try.