New capture card suggestion?

vbimport

I have been using a ATI ViVo card for years but it just captured its last movie.
I am looking for a new capture card or video card capture device combination that would be fairly inexpensive but still perform. Anyone seen anything on sale that might be what I need? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

It depends on what quality of results you want. If it’s just for home use stuff, there are many cards you could use. If you want semi professional results, I would go with an ADS PYRO AV/Link, or Canopus card for around $150.00. Do some reading on “www.dvdrhelp.com”. They have numerous articles about the various cards, and they cover everything from the cheapest $50.00 cards all the way up to cards that cost $1000’s… I use the ADS Pyro AV/Link for personal and business use. I find it very effective at what I want for end result.

Generally, how do capture cards behave alongside graphics cards?

On one system I have an ADS PCI card next to my Radeon 9800 pro, and it works just fine with no problems or conflicts. The other system I have a 6800 and a FIREWIRE ADS PYRO AV/LINK connected via my firewire, and again no conflicts or problems.

I have a haupagge pvr 250 capture card and have had great results with it.
only downside for me is bundled software is a bit buggy…but other software is availible so this is not to much of a problem…

the Hauppauge 150MCE and PVR-250 are considered very good and are favorites of HTPC enthusiasts.