New C1-C2 error checking tool for LiteOn

vbimport

This new tool has been posted at CDRLabs. HERE It’s called K-Probe.
Seems to have a pretty robust set of tools, including some DVD functions, can’t say how accurate it is.

Excellent ! Thanx, rdgrimes ! :wink:

Appears to get a file not found error when I go to the link there.

Looks nice too bad the link is dead :frowning:

I’m trying to contact the author, and we are in the process of having some discussion here on how to handle this. We don’t wish to be distributing any “unauthorized” software.
Stay tuned.

Nice. Will stay tuned for more info from rdg.

Certainly looks interesting … Hope you find something out soon …

/me eagerly awaits.

is this just for certain drives like cd doctor and wses? when will a program that detects c1/c2 on all drives come out??

Originally posted by cd pirate
is this just for certain drives like cd doctor and wses?
Yes, since it’s been created by Karr Wang, Testing Dept. of LiteOn IT Corp.

My former info about it was deleted by rdg right after the midnight CET.

Edit: deleted the author’s email address. Really, there’s no reason to post that Boskin.

Would someone be able to send me the error checking tool? My e-mail is: msip2x at yahoo dot com (replace the at and dot with the corresponding symbols).

Thank you in advance.

TerminalVeloCD

Edit: deleted the author’s email address. Really, there’s no reason to post that Boskin.

@rdgrimes

I’m pretty aware of what’s going on @CDRLabs.
See, the thing is that from juridical point of view neither one of us has broken the law, simply thanks to this :

This tool is still under development , so if you
have any comment or question, welcome to give me
a reply. Thanks in advance .

The fact that this program, cointaing the author’s speech of welcome,
has “accidentally” been licked speaks for itself.
So, this means only that the other people here have absolutely equal rights ( as yours )
to contact Mr. Karr Wang if they like.

P.S. I too dropped Mr.Wang a line.

Best information at this point is that this was leaked by a “freind of a friend”, not by the author. People lose their jobs, and their frineds, over less than this. I simply want to wait a bit and see what information surfaces. It’s simply not good manners to post someone else’s email address in a public forum.

Originally posted by rdgrimes

Best information at this point is that this was leaked by a “freind of a friend”, not by the author. People lose their jobs, and their frineds, over less than this. I simply want to wait a bit and see what information surfaces. It’s simply not good manners to post someone else’s email address in a public forum.

Once again, not in case when the author himself is openly asking to contact him.

Any other program ( no need to mention those) has its contact e-mail(s).
I swear God, you would have said this, if I ( or anybody else ) had posted, let’s say,
addresses taken from this page :

http://www.cdspeed2000.com/go.php3?link=email.html

:wink:

A new link to version 1.1.1 has been posted here:

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=60392#60392

This link is currently working as I post this message.

cfitz

You the man cfitz!

Thanks ! Hopefully unnecessary controversy’s over. :wink:

this new version, 1.1.1, has a number of nice improvements. :cool:

Originally posted by BoSkin

Thanks ! Hopefully unnecessary controversy’s over. :wink:

The best way to prevent any controversy, is to post any comments on the program in this thread @CDRLabs. Judging from the quick changes in version v1.1.1 of the program, the developers are watching the thread and listening to suggestions.

Originally posted by MTR

The best way to prevent any controversy, is to post any comments on the program in … thread @CDRLabs.

Judging from the quick changes in version v1.1.1 of the program, the developers are watching the thread and listening to suggestions.
Thanks for your advice !

I’ve seen this thread before as you might wildly guess it.
To my mind, it’s pointless to switch the site just for the sake of discussing a tiny little program.
So, let me patriotically stick to the CD Freaks. :cool:

Secondly, I do admire your vivid imagination- you should have searched your luck in Hollywood instead !

:smiley:

Is there any feature in this program that could screw up a drive like the “erase EEPROM” in WSES?